The Wait Listed in Anthro

mesoholic

I feel you Platysaraus! I'm in a similar position. I wonder if our chances decrease as each day goes by or if there's no way to tell until after the 15th :/

My rationale is that whoever is in front of us is obviously having a tough choice, so even if they're only choosing between two different offers that would give us a 50/50 chance, right???

I've got another great offer so I'm not going to be desolate if I don't get in but Berkeley was always my top choice and it's where I've been dreaming of going for about 3 or 4 years, and I convinced myself from early on that I wouldn't get in so the fact that they're stringing me along is definitely torture.

But less than 5 days to go!

Congrats amerianthro! Thanks for the encouraging words. Good luck on the other offer.

@Platysauras- that makes a lot of sense...if we haven't heard yet then there are still decisions to be made and we are technically still in the game. Any day now....

I am happy to hear the buzz here again! These last few days were hopelessly quiet. 

Congrats to sweetpearl! and Congrats amerianthro!

Platysaurus, harvard is to me what Berkeley is to you!

I don't know how many are on the wait list or where I stand..

why did harvard have to be my top choice?!!.....this is so cliched!!

Got off the waitlist at U of T on Friday :) Had left my smartphone at home when I went to work so didn't have a clue til I got home. So excited, didn't sleep.

Congratulations to all who got off the waiting list!!! I really want to know anybody here applied Pittsburgh's anthropology program this year? Have you got any updates from that department???

FRICKIN' FRICK YEAH PLATYSAURUS!!! cal is among my (very early on) favorites for an eventual phd, so i'm a little envious and very excited! :)

I'm still on the waitlist for UPenn, though I was told by the grad coordinator yesterday when I called that they would let us know by today if there were spots or not for some of us. I guess that can mean 5pm EST. I was accepted by Texas A&M in Feb, but funding isn't great so I really want to hear the final word from UPenn before I make a binding decision. I feel badly for keeping the folks on the A&M waitlist waiting, too! Can't imagine why the person ahead of me with UPenn won't decide already. I guess they must be holding out for even better funding/research possibilities...

I'm still on the waitlist for UPenn, though I was told by the grad coordinator yesterday when I called that they would let us know by today if there were spots or not for some of us. I guess that can mean 5pm EST. I was accepted by Texas A&M in Feb, but funding isn't great so I really want to hear the final word from UPenn before I make a binding decision. I feel badly for keeping the folks on the A&M waitlist waiting, too! Can't imagine why the person ahead of me with UPenn won't decide already. I guess they must be holding out for even better funding/research possibilities...

I declined my penn offer..yesterday.

Yes was on harvard waitlist myself...sorry!

Harvard informed me only yesterday.

Had you applied for the biological track? Maybe I was lower on the waitlist than I thought because I haven't heard from UPenn today yet...

Maybe the person ahead of me is still on some other waitlist, too, then. Planning on calling the grad coordinator before 5pm EST. Really hoping she has some kind of final answer!

Congratulations on Harvard, too! It's definitely worth the wait!

Edited by Caysita

do you know how many students were accepted this year? 

Somebody else who got an offer from penn told me that she was told by her PoI that they would take 5-6 in socio-cultural

Finally got in touch with the coordinator at UPenn and she said that all the candidates have been selected except for one, though not in my track. So Texas A&M it is!