if you dont hear from a school by now for a PhD application..is it a rejection?

Agun

I have aplplied to only one school, UC BerkeIey biostat and didnt hear from them as of now. Does this mean I am rejected. I sent an email to them multiple times and they keep saying that the decision woud be sent by the end of the week but it doesnt. Cannot comprehend why it is taking so long. I did see one PhD and a couple of MS acceptances on results page

I visited Berkeley on Monday just because I was in town and spoke to the student services coordinator, and they are still working on sending out decisions, so I think there's still some hope for everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I have aplplied to only one school, UC BerkeIey biostat and didnt hear from them as of now. Does this mean I am rejected. I sent an email to them multiple times and they keep saying that the decision woud be sent by the end of the week but it doesnt. Cannot comprehend why it is taking so long. I did see one PhD and a couple of MS acceptances on results page

They might not send you their decision until after April 15th. Just relax.

Remember, all the posts on this website indicating acceptances are only making up a small sample of all applicants. On top of that, think about the type of person who would frequent this forum, looking for and posting results -- this type of person is probably pretty obsessive/focused in all parts of their life. Because of this, I'd bet that it's likely the people that post here have higher credentials than the average (meaning they probably hear decisions first)..... I have about 5 other friends applying to graduate school this year and none of them ever come on here.

Chill, it isn't over until its official