Post-Baccalaureate Program Admissions??

Hi all,

Is anyone else waiting to hear from post-bacc programs? I applied to the programs at CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, CSU Los Angeles, and am finishing my application to Chapman and Portland State. I know a lot of people have already heard from the master's programs there, but what about their post- baccs? I will be applying to USU's program if none of these work out, but I am really hoping for an in-classroom program :)

Hi all,

Is anyone else waiting to hear from post-bacc programs? I applied to the programs at CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, CSU Los Angeles, and am finishing my application to Chapman and Portland State. I know a lot of people have already heard from the master's programs there, but what about their post- baccs? I will be applying to USU's program if none of these work out, but I am really hoping for an in-classroom program :)

I applied to CSULA's post-bacc program 2 years ago (around Feb/Mar) and I didn't hear back from them until May (5/9/11) via email.

Best of luck!

Hi all,

I started post-bacc at PSU in fall 2011.  I didn't apply until spring and didn't hear back from them until July or August!  However, at that time I know that it was pretty easy to be accepted and it was really just a matter of waiting for the admissions office to deal with the paperwork (I'm not sure that the SPHR department had anything to do with it).  I have a friend who started post-bacc there this term and it also took her some time to hear back, but it still seemed non-competitive to get in.  More and more people have been showing interest in the program so there is a chance that admissions will become competitive, but as of now I would guess that you can expect to be accepted at PSU- perhaps just check in with them occasionally once you get your application in.  Good luck!

Hi, I applied to Minot states post-bacc program, as well as two Canadian grad programs. Deadline was start of March and I'm already antsy about a decision!!

Edited by Natasha21297

Ya I figured Portland state was not a very competitive process admissions process but I know CSUF and CSULB are, just like their graduate programs. I am hoping for either of the CSUs since I'm a SoCal native and I am hoping to not have to relocate for post-bacc work. Hopefully ill hear from CSUF and CSULB soon

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am a current Post-Bacc student at CSU Fullerton. When I applied, it took about 4 months for my information to be processed. I applied in August and was able to register for classes in December. I'm sure if you applied already, you should hear back from them before the registration date. I would recommend checking your "Titan Online". From what I recall, that is the only way to check if you've been admitted. I hope that helps! Best of Luck :] 

I was accepted to CSUF's program on April 3rd and I am very excited/stressed out. Good luck to other post-bacc applicants!

I'm getting nervous because of the announcement that they posted on the department website! All of my stuff was in well before the deadlines and I haven't heard.. eeeek. Congrats though!!! And thanks for the luck, feel like I need it at this point, haha.

I went through the online post-bac. program at Utah State University. Just to share, I thought it was a great program, and well -respected by grad schools.  I know that 4 USU students just got accepted to CSUN's grad program. Also, CSUN has a post-bacc. program that automatically accepts those students into their grad program, if they have a GPA 0f 3.8 as well as GRE scores about 300.  CSUN is my #1 choice for grad school... best wishes on whatever you decide, but I would give the  post bac program at Utah State two thumbs up!

I applied to PSU in mid March and heard back the first week in April. I had contacted the Speech department and wrote a letter of interest to the department advisor so that may have been why I got a quick response...

Hi everyone! 

I also applied for CSULA and Chapman's post-bacc programs for the upcoming fall and am keeping my fingers crossed :)

jeffmooo: if you don't mind sharing, what was your experience with CSULA like? Did you have difficulties registering for classes? What's the average time frame to complete the certificate program? I noticed that you're going to be staying at CSULA for your master's (congratulations!)--does the program have a high rate of matriculating their post-bacc students into their master's program?

Thanks for sharing in advance!

Just interviewed at Chapman's post bacc. If anyone is thinking of doing a post-bacc Chapman accepts students in the fall and spring and offers a  SLPA certification at the end of the program. 

I applied to CSULA's post-bacc program 2 years ago (around Feb/Mar) and I didn't hear back from them until May (5/9/11) via email.

Best of luck!

jeffmooo,

if you don't mind sharing, what was your experience with CSULA like? Did you have difficulties registering for classes? What's the average time frame to complete the certificate program? I noticed that you're going to be staying at CSULA for your master's (congratulations!)--does the program have a high rate of matriculating their post-bacc students into their master's program?

• 10 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to find out as much information about the post-bac programs in southern california but the websites for the CSU schools aren't the most informative.

I am coming in a little late to the game, but I applied to CSUN and CSULA for their post-bac programs last week. I sent in the applications and sent over my official transcripts but haven't heard anything from the schools. If anyone has experience with these two, I would love if you could help me out by answering some of these questions:

1. How many people get accepted to these post-bac programs typically? It makes me wonder how many people apply/how many get accepted when the application really only takes your transcripts into consideration. I had a 3.85 in my undergrad, so I'm hoping that is good enough!

2. Does FAFSA count for this program? Or is it mostly all out of pocket?

3. Is it possible to have at least a part time job throughout?

4. Do you get grades in the classes that you report when applying for grad schools?

I would super appreciate any feedback y'all could give. Thank so much!