Professional & Technical Rhet/Comm People, Opinions?

I'm never quite sure if I belong in this forum or the Communications one, but I'd love your opinions if you care to share:

I am seriously considering Iowa State's Rhetoric & Professional Comm program and East Carolina's Professional & Technical Discourse program. Experiences, thoughts, opinions about either or both?

It depends on what you want to do with your PhD. If it is teaching and academic research....I'd go with Iowa State.  Look at alumni job placements from both programs... 

Yes, teaching and academic research about rhet/prof comm topics  --- I, too, am leaning towards ISU--- but can I ask why you think the same?  I think I've more or less made my decision, but I'm looking for support for when I start to second guess myself!

I  have a lot of placement info from ISU - all I have from ECU is what's on their website. Will have to ask them for more.

Well, everyone knows about Iowa state's program...solid reputation and it has a proven and successful program, but frankly, I have never heard of East Carolina's program... I would search the forum for posts about both programs.. and I would not limit your choice to only two schools...spread the net...

Edited by KenAnderson

Thank you for your input, Ken!  And yes, I did cast a much wider net, but these are my acceptances (so far)... and I'm pretty happy with them. Decisions, decisions.. :)