Fletcher Website

optimism

I see that Fletcher's website is not working for many of us. Many of us are getting APP Server Errors? Did those that were able to access it and got accepted find out via a "congratulations" in the email first before being directed to the site? Did anyone get a form email (without congrats) directing them to the site and still got accepted? Thanks for your help! Sure wish these websites worked!

I never got the email (still haven't, in fact). Several of my friends who applied checked their emails last night at ~7.30 CST and were accepted (the body of the letter indicated this in their email, beyond the "Congrats" subject line).

I didn't receive the email but came home and checked the website at about 8 pm CST (it was still up at that point); my decision was available and it opens what looks like an html version of the acceptance letter. I got some funding, but I don't know if that has anything to do with how/when I was or was not able to access the information.

Well, the admissions blog specifically states that there will be no work from Fletcher on the weekend relating to admissions. Maybe this is an exception and they just need to turn on a switch, like what the error message says and its a quick fix...

Very frustrating, nonetheless. There is a little comfort that some were admitted by checking the site before it went down but have yet to receive an e-mail. Maybe an acceptance is waiting for us...

I just thought everyone should know that those who were accepted Early Notification in December received an email which said that all of the rest of the students who have been accepted have been contacted. Perhaps that is not really the case due to technical problems, but that is what they indicated to us. Congrats to everyone who has heard already and good luck to everyone who is still trying to access their decision!

Site is back up. I am assuming that if a decision is not posted that you shouldn't get your hopes up? Admissions blog says that all decisions haven't been posted, but I don't know why you would leave acceptances until Monday. Additionally, I have yet to see any rejections posted...

Site is back up. I am assuming that if a decision is not posted that you shouldn't get your hopes up? Admissions blog says that all decisions haven't been posted, but I don't know why you would leave acceptances until Monday. Additionally, I have yet to see any rejections posted...

It's quite possible, or maybe they're updating as per name's alphabetical? I'm quite confused

To those who got acceptance: Congrats! And just curious what's the first letter of your names? Wonder if they alphabetized...

It's quite possible, or maybe they're updating as per name's alphabetical? I'm quite confused

To those who got acceptance: Congrats! And just curious what's the first letter of your names? Wonder if they alphabetized...

I am hoping against hope that either A) they are not alphabetized or B) they are in reverse alphabetical order.

Well, you could look at it this way. If, according to the admissions blog, "most" decisions have been posted, and 1800 people applied to various Fletcher programs, and an average of 25-30% were admitted, there would have to be rejections in there somewhere. I would not quantify "most" as a couple hundred admitted students, so there could be a good chance that in whatever system was used "a decision will be posted here when it is available" really does mean that Fletcher has yet to input a decision, it could be anything, waiting until Monday means nothing, and that Fletcher really has yet to get to us whatever the decision is. But, using the same thought process, you could also ask why Fletcher would notify the vast majority of accepted students and leave only a few left until Monday if "most" applicants were notified. It does seem, however, that Fletcher hit the early notification acceptances first with scholarship information and went down the line in some fashion...

Sigh...

I was waitlisted...so two more months of waiting...

Unfortunately, if you didn't receive an email I'm gonna go ahead and venture that you were denied admissions. I hate this system-they really should tell everyone at the same time.

I was waitlisted...so two more months of waiting...

Unfortunately, if you didn't receive an email I'm gonna go ahead and venture that you were denied admissions. I hate this system-they really should tell everyone at the same time.

I would really like to believe Fletcher, of all schools, did not do it this way. I have been very impressed with Fletcher's personalized admissions process, and would like to think that the staff would recognize that the process is stressful enough already without adding an extra level with this type of decisions-release system--especially on a Friday. While I understand the importance of notifying the top candidates immediately as the top schools fight for them and they make their decisions and plan visits, I would feel disappointed by a school I have put so much faith in if it left a few rejected applicants folders lying on the floor during the weekend as they slowly found out through blogs that they were denied. That would be almost too much. I am trusting the admissions blog--acceptance or not--that it is a mix of those who remain, and that more acceptances are coming, because the alternative is not what I would expect from what I know of Fletcher at this point.

But who knows... maybe that's foolish thinking.

Blackbriar,

I just read their blog and it does seem as if you have reason to be hopeful. I was going on what they had said yesterday, that they were posting by category i.e. admit, waitlist, deny and that they would try and get all three done by Monday. But in the comments section of the latest post, they seem to indicate that they did in fact send out a mix, and some people posted just posted rejections on the board. So it is possible that you're right.

At any rate, you seem to really Fletcher, so I hope it does work out for you. Best of Luck.

Other rejects, I looked on the results board and, judging by some of the comments, it seems some people got semi-personalized rejection letters that alluded to a lack of professional experience as a reason for rejection. Here was my letter, did anyone receive something different? If so, please share.

The Committee on Admissions and Scholarships has completed its review of your application for admission. I am sorry to notify you that you have not been admitted to The Fletcher School.

The Committee carefully evaluates all applicants and examines many different facets of the background of each individual, including academic performance, work experience, career plans, and community involvement. Both the strengths and weaknesses of your qualifications have been reviewed relative to those of other applicants.

As interest in graduate study in international affairs has grown, so has the number of highly qualified applicants. With our limited enrollment and the large number of applications we receive, there are many fine candidates whom we, unfortunately, are unable to accommodate.

We appreciate your interest in The Fletcher School, and wish you the best of luck and success with your future plans.

Mine is a little different than yours

The Committee carefully evaluates all applicants and examines many different facets of the background of each individual, including academic performance, work experience, career plans, and community involvement. Your background was competitive in most areas, but lacked the breadth and depth of work experience we seek. As you probably know, most Fletcher students have several years of relevant work experience, and we believe this experience fosters students' success.

If you decide to postpone your graduate study for a year or more to pursue meaningful work that will advance your goals, we would be happy to reconsider your application. Though we offer no promise of admission to Fletcher in the future, we feel confident your profile will be stronger after you gain more work experience.

At 9:00 p.m., [the admissions staff] felt too tired to continue. Laurie said they actually rechecked the blog to be sure I had left them a little wriggle room, and they went home. So, not everything went out at once. In years gone by, this wouldn