Anyone studying religious history?

Josh J.

Hey everyone,

I've been mostly hanging out in the religion forum, but my academic interests are mainly in history. I'm a history major at my undergrad institution and will be studying American Religious History at either Duke or Vanderbilt next fall.

Any fellow students of religious history here?

I have thought about adding a religion element to my work. A lot of research has been done on the role religion played in the rise of the right, but I have often wondered about the other side so to speak. How did religion influence the left? A lot hasn't been done in that area and I am thinking of trying to tie some of that into my research on suburban diversity. 

Hey everyone,

I've been mostly hanging out in the religion forum, but my academic interests are mainly in history. I'm a history major at my undergrad institution and will be studying American Religious History at either Duke or Vanderbilt next fall.

Any fellow students of religious history here?

Here! I will be studying the magical elements (both natural and demonic) that were taught in Medieval parochial schools. 

A large part of what I'm interested in is informed by the English Reformation. There are a couple of advisers I'm interested in working with who have appointments in the school/dept of theology in addition to history, so if I were lucky enough to get in to one of those schools, I would likely take more of a religious history route.