Wait-listed for funding

norangom

Hello all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I've been accepted to a PhD program at UCI but have been wait-listed for funding. I asked the graduate coordinator about my chances of getting funding, and they replied that no decisions have been made yet and that they will contact me once they reach a decision. I got this email on 3/5 and UCI's deadline to accept is April 1st.

Since the deadline is quickly approaching, my question is how can I ask if a decision has been made and convey my desire to attend (which is, of course, contingent on some form of funding) without coming off as pushy/impatient?

Thanks in advance! :)

I would send an email saying something such as "Thank you for your assistance. UCI is my top choice program, and, should I receive funding, I would certainly attend. Do to my circumstances, I cannot attend a program without funding. Will funding decisions be made prior to the April 1st deadline?"

I would send an email saying something such as "Thank you for your assistance. UCI is my top choice program, and, should I receive funding, I would certainly attend. Do to my circumstances, I cannot attend a program without funding. Will funding decisions be made prior to the April 1st deadline?"
Thanks for the advice, Inyo! :)

Hello all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I've been accepted to a PhD program at UCI but have been wait-listed for funding. I asked the graduate coordinator about my chances of getting funding, and they replied that no decisions have been made yet and that they will contact me once they reach a decision. I got this email on 3/5 and UCI's deadline to accept is April 1st.

Since the deadline is quickly approaching, my question is how can I ask if a decision has been made and convey my desire to attend (which is, of course, contingent on some form of funding) without coming off as pushy/impatient?

Thanks in advance! :)

How is their deadline to accept not April 15?

How is their deadline to accept not April 15?
I believe the April 15th deadline is a general deadline that most schools go by. I've heard of several schools/programs having their own deadlines. Also, thanks to Inyo's help, I contacted UCI and they extended their deadline for me until April 15, so that they'll be able to get back to me on funding.