Brooklyn College

It seems most schools send out rejections and acceptances in volleys. For Brooklyn though, the results page has scattered acceptances, rejections, and interviews over the last few days and weeks. Am I the only one who hasn't heard anything from them??

Edited by clydeyo12

It seems most schools send out rejections and acceptances in volleys. On the results page though I've seen scattered acceptances, rejections, and interviews over the last few days and weeks. Am I the only one who hasn't heard anything from them??

I have heard nothing.  Haven't heard anything from Hunter either -

Yeah they said we were the first group of people they interviewed so I thought I might have heard something by now, especially since other people seem to have heard back. But they did say that they were kind of going through applications at random, not by when they were received or anything, so who really knows.

• 3 weeks later...

do you think schools that wait this long to give decisions suffer in terms of the quality of incoming students because people are accepting other offers by now? or are there so many qualified prospective speechies that it doesn't make a difference?

I called yesterday, and they weren't exactly nice on the phone. They just said i would be hearing some time in April.
Ummmmmm, it is April. Now. Right now. Geez.. Who did you call, grad admissions or someone n the department?

Even though I'm 99% sure I'm going to Montclair, I'd still like to know my admission decision for Brooklyn haha. I had my interview on March 22nd and it still says my application is under review. I would imagine I would have heard by now if I had gotten in, but it'd still be nice to know for sure!

Ummmmmm, it is April. Now. Right now. Geez.. Who did you call, grad admissions or someone n the department?

That was my thought exactly... and I called the department directly, so I wasn't about to get mouthy with someone handling my future lol.

Let's talk about how I paid one hundred and twenty-five dollars to have my application sit in an untouched pile for months. No worries. It's not like I wanted my file to be reviewed. It's not like I wanted to be compared to my fellow applicants before admissions were offered. That would be way too fair. I totally understand, Brooklyn.

Is it just me, or is this bitterness justified? You don't have to answer that, just nod in agreement. ;p

Edited by sugarmilk

Let's talk about how I paid one hundred and twenty-five dollars to have my application sit in an untouched pile for months. No worries. It's not like I wanted my file to be reviewed. It's not like I wanted to be compared to my fellow applicants before admissions were offered. That would be way too fair. I totally understand, Brooklyn.

Is it just me, or is this bitterness justified? You don't have to answer that, just nod in agreement. ;p

:)

And don't forget the fees for ordering transcripts.  They lost one of mine so I had to re-order, and my application was marked incomplete because they needed TOEFL scores, even though I am a US citizen and went to school in the US.....  

I applied right at the deadline and was not very good at checking the status of my app online, which did not help at all.  Oh well.

I just find it kind of annoying because I interviewed with them over a month ago, and I've seen people on the results board who have gotten both accepted and rejected after their interviews, so clearly they're notifying some people! I feel some of us must be the equivalent of "waitlisted" and they'll determine who to accept after the first round of acceptances accepts or declines them. But still... all very weird. And I feel like it has to impact who attends because most of us waiting have committed elsewhere at this point.

do you think schools that wait this long to give decisions suffer in terms of the quality of incoming students because people are accepting other offers by now? or are there so many qualified prospective speechies that it doesn't make a difference?

I got into Brookyln a while ago and am going.  To your question above, the last day to send in my money for St johns, i got my acceptance for Brooklyn College.  I cancelled the check for st johns and told Brooklyn that I am 100% going.  If st johns would not have let me cancel the check, I still would have accepted Brookyln College's offer.  If you hear from a school u really want to go to after accepting another school, wouldn't you just take it and give the offer you accepted to someone else?

THANK YOU- my thoughts exactly. brooklyn college is the last school I'm waiting to hear from. at this point I don't even care because I've made my decision. but come on, $125?

I got into Brookyln a while ago and am going.  To your question above, the last day to send in my money for St johns, i got my acceptance for Brooklyn College.  I cancelled the check for st johns and told Brooklyn that I am 100% going.  If st johns would not have let me cancel the check, I still would have accepted Brookyln College's offer.  If you hear from a school u really want to go to after accepting another school, wouldn't you just take it and give the offer you accepted to someone else?

I agree with you to an extent. If someone's first choice is Brooklyn and they get accepted in May, absolutely, they'll probably just choose to lose their deposit at the other school. But if someone was on the fence... a lot of people want to just be done and to have made a decision by this point. Like in my case, I originally was definitely considering Brooklyn, but at this point I have my heart set on Montclair and even if I get an acceptance from Brooklyn that definitely won't change my decision. But if I had heard back shortly after my interview in March, maybe my decision wouldn't be as clear cut, I'm not sure.

That being said, for NY residents the CUNYs are suchhh a good deal financially, so they'll probably be able to get some NY residents who had only been accepted to more expensive schools to switch over.

Happened to check the ol' status site today and they regret to inform me that my application was not selected. No email. Thanks, Brooklyn. Stay classy.

Just did the same. Same result. Hope they don't spend my application fee all in one place.