GSU Funding

Has anyone heard anything concrete about Georgia State's funding situation this year? I was accepted but have heard nothing back from the DGS about funding (whether I'm funded, what funding looks like this year, etc).

I'd appreciate any insight!

A couple of weeks ago, I emailed Dr. Thomas directly and this is what he had to say:

"In regard to Graduate Teaching Assistantships: at this particular moment, we simply don’t know what our funding situation is.  I’m told that it will be the end of the month before we’ll be accurately informed about how much funding we’re going to get for GTA support and thus how many assistantships we’ll have for incoming students.  I wish it were otherwise, but for now all I can say is that I hope we’ll be able to fund you, but I don’t yet know if we can.  I’m sure you’ll have other possibilities, and so please keep me informed about your intentions.  I’ll let you know something more definite as soon as possible, but, again, as I’m told, it may be the end of March before I can confirm anything with regard to funding."

Which I basically took to mean:

magic8ball.png?w=294&h=300

• 2 weeks later...