Advice on these 2 NYC grad schools

rllnyc

I'm looking for some feedback: how do The New School & NYU compare to each other?

I've always had NYU as my ultimate dream school. But I know that The New School is also a really great school with tiny classes and creative thinking. 

The NYU program I'm admitted to is solely for journalism. At The New School, I was admitted to Liberal Studies. Does that sound more of a leisurely degree to get--something just for mental stimulation? Or could it be useful? Does one of these schools have a better reputation than the other? 

To be honest, I'm not sure what "liberal studies" MA programs are intended to do and what kinds of jobs you are eligible for afterwards.  If NYU is your ultimate dream school and your desire is to become a journalist, I don't see any reason to get an MA in a very general field from the New School.

To be honest, I'm not sure what "liberal studies" MA programs are intended to do and what kinds of jobs you are eligible for afterwards.  If NYU is your ultimate dream school and your desire is to become a journalist, I don't see any reason to get an MA in a very general field from the New School.

Thank you. I agree and also am unsure of what an MA in liberal studies would grant someone in their career. I just wanted to have someone else reassure me I'm making the right decision by choosing NYU!