Hard to Decide: Civil Engineering PhD, Cornell or Gatech

liuxi213

Hi friends,

I have got the PhD AD from both Cornell and Georgia Tech. I am studying structural engineering, emphasizing on earthquake. 

It is a little hard for me to decide which one to choose... I hope to find a job (industry, not as a faculty) after graduation.

Which one would you recommend? Thx a lot~~!

I like Tech if you're gonna do industry. There's also a lot more to do in Atlanta than Ithaca, and Tech networks very well. They're definitely well-known for being an industry prep school, and you definitely won't have any issues finding a job.

From the professors I've spoken to, GA Tech is a much more reputable school than Cornell, especially in structural. They really are a phenomenal school and I think you could have a better chance with it in the job market.

Did you check what are the jobs of the alumni of the program? that could be a good indicator of your future career prospects.

Thanks a lot for your advice! I have checked~But there are not so many profiles...Keep looking for.

From the professors I've spoken to, GA Tech is a much more reputable school than Cornell, especially in structural. They really are a phenomenal school and I think you could have a better chance with it in the job market.

Thank you very much! This helps me a lot.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use