University of Washington SSW Fall 2013!

MSDubbs

Hey All,

I just wanted to start a thread for those of us who will be attending UW in the fall. I thought it would be a helpful and fun way to start getting to know each other as we move from the decision-making process to the logistical nightmare phase ;)

Where are you all planning on living? What concentration are you interested in? Where are you coming from? How are you staying on top of all the forms and deadlines and planning without going crazy (if you're managing better than I am, that is!)

I will be joining you in the Fall! I'm from Redmond, WA so about 20 minutes East of Seattle and will be living with my parents  :rolleyes: until I save up enough money to move out. I applied to the Mental Health Practice concentration, I can't wait!! Can I ask what forms you are referring to? The deposit, background check, and financial aid, right? Am I missing other things?

Awesome! I'll see you in the fall! I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the community centered integrative practice concentration, but it sounds like we'll all be together for the first year.

Yeah, I haven't received all of that information yet, so it's starting to freak me out a little. I called today though, so hopefully it's on its way. We also have to have all of the immunizations up to date and fill out a few forms for that. Otherwise, as far as I know, that's mostly it.

Awesome! I'll see you in the fall! I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the community centered integrative practice concentration, but it sounds like we'll all be together for the first year.

Yeah, I haven't received all of that information yet, so it's starting to freak me out a little. I called today though, so hopefully it's on its way. We also have to have all of the immunizations up to date and fill out a few forms for that. Otherwise, as far as I know, that's mostly it.

They also have a checklist sort of thing on their website for newly admitted students. That is what I have been referencing. Ah I forgot about the immunizations! I'll have to do that as soon as I get back to WA. 

Yeah when I met with Juanita she told me that the SSW basically picks our classes for us during the foundation year since everyone is required to get the same groundwork-- so I'm sure I will be seeing you!

• 1 month later...

I just got off the wait list and will be attending in the Fall! I currently live in the U-district so most likely will be keeping the same place. And I applied to the mental health concentration :)

I just got off the wait list and will be attending in the Fall! I currently live in the U-district so most likely will be keeping the same place. And I applied to the mental health concentration :)

Awesome, we're in the same concentration! I look forward to meeting you  :) Are you in the Day program or EDP?

Edited by paige_elizabeth10

Right on! I am heading up to Seattle in a few weeks to start the housing search. I was leaning towards looking outside of the U district because I've heard it's a bit more of a nightmare parking wise and things, but do you like where you live?

Right on! I am heading up to Seattle in a few weeks to start the housing search. I was leaning towards looking outside of the U district because I've heard it's a bit more of a nightmare parking wise and things, but do you like where you live?

Nice, where are you from?! You can maybe look at Lake City or Greenlake area. If you plan on bussing it. I've lived in the u-district for the past 5 years and love it! But parking sucks close to campus but even free street parking is hard to come by I guess I'm used to it since I've been doing that for about 3 years

Nice, where are you from?! You can maybe look at Lake City or Greenlake area. If you plan on bussing it. I've lived in the u-district for the past 5 years and love it! But parking sucks close to campus but even free street parking is hard to come by I guess I'm used to it since I've been doing that for about 3 years

I've been living in Portland for the past four years, so it's not too far of a move. Thanks for the suggestions--I've been looking at greenlake, it seems like a really pretty and fairly affordable area. I am definitely open to anything at this point because I want to be close enough to campus to bus or bike, though I will also have a car for internship and such. This is my first time having a car so parking nightmares sound like real nightmares ;)