Psych Grants & Scholarships

guitargeorge

Hi All,

I'll be starting a PhD in Cognitive Psychology program in the fall and one of the main pieces of advice that I keep hearing is to always be on the look out for additional funding.  Problem is, I have no clue where to look for it.

Anyone have any good recommendations to find grants and scholarships?

Thanks!

First look at your department as they'll likely have some scholarships or opportunities for funding.  Also look into your school's graduate student organization, they will most likely have some opportunities as well.  There are national grants/scholarships as well like the NSF, NIH, Ford Foundation, Javits, and many more.  Also if you're a member in any organization like APA, etc, they may also have scholarships as well.  Talk to your advisor and other grad students at your school, they'll likely know of sources.

Your university's graduate school should have a listing of fellowships.  It may be on the website, but a lot of graduate schools also keep a binder of them in their offices, and sometimes they even have sample essays from past winners in there.