Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Exactly the same situation...I took this job for the interim period...that way, if Fulbright doesn't work out, I'm gainfully employed. I should be able to leave at 4:00 p.m. Central time so pretty much exactly when this is all supposed to happen.

If our places of employment only knew how intensely we are sitting here hoping to leave them...haha.

Oh my gosh, that's too funny. Yes, I did the same thing - took a job and hunkered down to wait on the results.

I like my job, but I still have visions of this coming through and being able to put in my two weeks.  :-P   Sooo funny, ahaha.

Hopefully there will be only rejoycing, which might also freak my coworkers out. 

Best of luck to you as well!!!

Thanks! It'll just be a few minutes now. Wow.

Oh my gosh, that's too funny. Yes, I did the same thing - took a job and hunkered down to wait on the results.

I like my job, but I still have visions of this coming through and being able to put in my two weeks.  :-P   Sooo funny, ahaha.

Thanks! It'll just be a few minutes now. Wow.

Do you suffer from the ol, "This job is ok, but I'm constantly dreaming of bigger, more exciting things? I am meant for more!" syndrome? That is the story of my life...

Do you suffer from the ol, "This job is ok, but I'm constantly dreaming of bigger, more exciting things? I am meant for more!" syndrome? That is the story of my life...

totally with you on this. 

Something like that! I do like my job, but there's so much more of the world to see, you know?

I also like to travel in general, and I realized after I graduated that that's somewhat hard to do on your own. If Fulbright doesn't work out, I'll pour all my energies into finding another way to do a cool thing.

What about you? What's your background?

(10 minutes!)

Edited by SaraBlue

Does anyone know what the subject of the email from Fulbright has been in the past few years? Is it a different subject title for people who got recommended versus not?

I suffer from that! Glad I'm not alone

Does anyone know what the subject of the email from Fulbright has been in the past few years? Is it a different subject title for people who got recommended versus not?

Last year it was simply "Your Fulbright Application"

They want to wait until they don't have to answer the phones anymore.  You gotta think like a bureaucrat!

I'm guessing 10,000 e-mails really bogs down your e-mail server so they prefer to hit send right before leaving. That way, it doesn't interrupt the rest of the work day. In the past, they've arrived over a 30-45 minute period, correct?

I'm guessing 10,000 e-mails really bogs down your e-mail server so they prefer to hit send right before leaving. That way, it doesn't interrupt the rest of the work day. In the past, they've arrived over a 30-45 minute period, correct?

And some intern is being forced to work late tonight.... holding up the "hitting of the send button" on his/her way out