Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Cool.  Also I see you got into the MPH at WashU.  Good for you!  That program was just starting off when I was in application process for my PhD.  I contemplated it.  Wash  is such a beautiful school.  It is an architectural beauty like Indiana.  Reminds me of home a bit.

Secret_ninja, I'm opening it whenever it comes.  No need to further prolong my agony.  I am prepared for the worst.  I have my boyfriend and my dog here.  I'm home and feeling okay.  It won't change much to wait.

Is anyone else undecided about when to open the email?

I'm a little undecided. At 5 PM I'll still be here at work. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like a bit of an... unromantic venue.

Secret_ninja, I'm opening it whenever it comes.  No need to further prolong my agony.  I am prepared for the worst.  I have my boyfriend and my dog here.  I'm home and feeling okay.  It won't change much to wait.

I am still undecided. Although - when it comes to my work load - I actually think tonight would be best. It'll give me the night and tomorrow to wallow before sucking it up and trudging on. 

Fortunately I'm at home this afternoon, working on the dissertation and halfway into my first beer. I figure I'll either be too mopey or too relieved to keep working once the e-mail arrives, so I'll wait until I hit a good stopping point to open it.

Ugh - agreed. Thankfully, I am sitting on my couch trying to finish up another grant proposal before the *ding*

That sounds like a pretty solid place to be when you open it. That way, no matter what, you're still caught up in a kind of forward momentum.

Haha, I also don't want my coworkers to see my extreme disappointment if things don't go the way I hoped.

Exactly!! I'm still at work too....my job doesn't know anything about this either, so this day has been torture!

I'm a little undecided. At 5 PM I'll still be here at work. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems like a bit of an... unromantic venue.

Same here.  The last thing I want to do is start sobbing in front of my co-workers!

Exactly!! I'm still at work too....my job doesn't know anything about this either, so this day has been torture!

Yes! You get me. I'll let my work know when I'm sure of the outcome, not a minute before. Don't want to talk about it unless things are settled.

When does work let out for you?  :)

Same here.  The last thing I want to do is start sobbing in front of my co-workers!

I feel the same. I hope there won't be sobbing in either of our short-term futures, but I want to be prepared either way.

Best of luck to you!!

This is torture…they have the results already, can't they just hit send?? I'm going to take a long shower, that way, by the time I finish, I'll be cuddled on my couch and ready for the (hopefully arrived) email.

Yes! You get me. I'll let my work know when I'm sure of the outcome, not a minute before. Don't want to talk about it unless things are settled.

When does work let out for you?  :)

Exactly the same situation...I took this job for the interim period...that way, if Fulbright doesn't work out, I'm gainfully employed. I should be able to leave at 4:00 p.m. Central time so pretty much exactly when this is all supposed to happen.

If our places of employment only knew how intensely we are sitting here hoping to leave them...haha.

I feel the same. I hope there won't be sobbing in either of our short-term futures, but I want to be prepared either way.

Best of luck to you!!

Hopefully there will be only rejoycing, which might also freak my coworkers out. 

Best of luck to you as well!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mlew15/17-terrible-puns-to-brighten-your-day-h0se?bffb

Guys, this is good. 

10. The girl said she knew me from the vegetarian restaurant, but I’d never met herbivore.

Its lame funny but it's keeping me sane. 

Edited by fiajoc