Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

So weird... I received a package with a phone, a booklet, pens, and an acceptance letter from Fulbright. I was sooooooo happy! Until......... I finally woke up and realized it was all a dream!   :angry:

So weird... I received a package with a phone, a booklet, pens, and an acceptance letter from Fulbright. I was sooooooo happy! Until......... I finally woke up and realized it was all a dream!   :angry:

How cruel :(

I had one really weird Fulbright-related dream right after I submitted my application. In the dream I had to help teach male models (with the intelligence of Zoolander) how to write an essay. I remember asking how this had anything to do with Fulbright and got a stern look from the program representative for questioning IIE.

Edited by olioliwoo

How cruel :(

I had one really weird Fulbright-related dream right after I submitted my application. In the dream I had to help teach male models (with the intelligence of Zoolander) how to write an essay. I remember asking how this had anything to do with Fulbright and got a stern look from the program representative for questioning IIE.

This just made my day! I'm currently in the middle of finishing my BA thesis in addition to the torture of waiting to hear from Fulbright; I really needed a mental break. The 5 solid minutes that resulted from this post were absolute perfection.

Thank you!

This just made my day! I'm currently in the middle of finishing my BA thesis in addition to the torture of waiting to hear from Fulbright; I really needed a mental break. The 5 solid minutes that resulted from this post were absolute perfection.

Thank you!

You're welcome ^_^

7s676.jpg

Did you find out on 3/19 at 4:36 PM too? Trying to see if France's results were mass emailed.

Yes, and I announced that here. Exact same time as you were were notified as alternates.

Frustrating waiting for May 1st to begin this whole mess over again. I've been notifying everyone that I'd like to re-up for next year and since I passed my prospectus defense in February, I think my application is much stronger now.

Will you reapply for France?  

Yeah, I had a dream some weeks ago. It was nuts how real it felt.

Did you find out on 3/19 at 4:36 PM too? Trying to see if France's results were mass emailed.

Mine came at 4:33 PM. Seems like they were massed emailed.

Yes, and I announced that here. Exact same time as you were were notified as alternates.

Frustrating waiting for May 1st to begin this whole mess over again. I've been notifying everyone that I'd like to re-up for next year and since I passed my prospectus defense in February, I think my application is much stronger now.

Will you reapply for France?  

I am debating whether to reapply or not. I will be graduating in the summer with my MPH, so I don't know if I can handle doing the application process on top of working 25 hours/week, doing internship hours, and my special project/thesis.

I am debating whether to reapply or not. I will be graduating in the summer with my MPH, so I don't know if I can handle doing the application process on top of working 25 hours/week, doing internship hours, and my special project/thesis.

Well.. the plus side is you've already done most of the hard work and getting as an alternate you could very well be accepted next year even if you just resubmit the same project and tweak a few things. 

Well.. the plus side is you've already done most of the hard work and getting as an alternate you could very well be accepted next year even if you just resubmit the same project and tweak a few things. 

That is true. Hmm...

While maybe overly optimistic, until May 1st roles around, I am still going to hope that we will both be moved off the alternate list and get to join Neurona in eating yummy French pastries next year.

If the waiting doesn't kill us first  -_____-

I agree. You've already done much of the networking, researching, and soul-searching the application requires. If anything, you'll likely be able to more easily put together an even stronger application. Besides, should you change your mind later it's much easier to stop the process early rather than to decide you want to later and rush through it. I actually almost withdrew my application before the campus interview. I'm glad I couldn't bring myself to do that because now I'm a finalist and at a point where I know I would have regretted not going through with my (2nd) Fulbright application. Edited by Breenok

That is true. Hmm...

While maybe overly optimistic, until May 1st roles around, I am still going to hope that we will both be moved off the alternate list and get to join Neurona in eating yummy French pastries next year.

If the waiting doesn't kill us first  -_____-

Conveniently, May 1st is the opening of the new apps and the one month point from when were were notified.  I have too much to do and plan and figure that if I in some stroke of luck get chosen to change to principal, I'll happily rearrange my life, but I'm not at all thinking this will happen. I know it does happen, but we don't even know if we are next in line as it depends on who declines and what type of project they were working on. 

Conveniently, May 1st is the opening of the new apps and the one month point from when were were notified.  I have too much to do and plan and figure that if I in some stroke of luck get chosen to change to principal, I'll happily rearrange my life, but I'm not at all thinking this will happen. I know it does happen, but we don't even know if we are next in line as it depends on who declines and what type of project they were working on. 

I think being named an alternate has really reminded me of the fact that I don't know what I am going to do with myself after August. I love the organization I currently work for, but I doubt they'll give me a full-time job. On top of that, what I really want to do is not a position that is easily searchable or even publicly listed. It seems like the people who do that type of work carved that niche out for themselves at their respective organizations : /

BTW, are anyone else's parents texting them literally every day asking "Any news?" The funniest was when my mom said "This wait is agonizing." hahahahaha

I think being named an alternate has really reminded me of the fact that I don't know what I am going to do with myself after August. I love the organization I currently work for, but I doubt they'll give me a full-time job. On top of that, what I really want to do is not a position that is easily searchable or even publicly listed. It seems like the people who do that type of work carved that niche out for themselves at their respective organizations : /

I am thankful that all I'll really be doing between now and august... and after august for the next year..... is .... writing. 

BTW, are anyone else's parents texting them literally every day asking "Any news?" The funniest was when my mom said "This wait is agonizing." hahahahaha

It's more so my roommate than my parents.

My mom was eerily accurate though about when recommendations were going to go out. She had said end of January and at the beginning of the week (even though it's traditionally mid- January and on a Thursday or Friday) and sure enough she was right.