Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Today would be SUCH a perfect day to send out some notifications, don't you all agree?? ;)

Congratulations and Condolences to everyone who has received word in the last couple of days.

YES IT WOULD!  Any news out there from Sub Saharan Africa yet?

Congrats!! Looking forward to meeting you. Also, your username fills me with joy, assuming it's inspired by Andy Bernard. We're going to be friends.

Ha thank you! I can't wait to meet everyone going over. And yes Andy and I have a great deal in common, our last names being just one thing. And Congrats to you as well!

CONGRATS TO THE MALAYSIA GRANTEES! I'm so glad you found out today! You must all be so excited. For those whose projects weren't funded, my heart goes out to you and I'm sending virtual hugs your way!

I got an Alternate for Malaysia. I didn't think I would be this heartbroken  but I am actually in tears :( Congrats to all those who did get it though I'm truly happy for you. I wouldn't dare get my hopes up that someone is going to drop out, I've had enough anticipation only to be disappointed. Though this is my first time posting this forum was really helpful through the waiting. Since Fulbright was basically the only thing I applied for because it may sound weird but I just knew I'd get it in my head I now have to sort out my life somehow before graduation. Good luck to all those still waiting!

I got an Alternate for Malaysia. I didn't think I would be this heartbroken but I am actually in tears :( Congrats to all those who did get it though I'm truly happy for you. I wouldn't dare get my hopes up that someone is going to drop out, I've had enough anticipation only to be disappointed. Though this is my first time posting this forum was really helpful through the waiting. Since Fulbright was basically the only thing I applied for because it may sound weird but I just knew I'd get it in my head I now have to sort out my life somehow before graduation. Good luck to all those still waiting!

Hi ririannie, I'm really sorry you're so sad about your alternate status, but I do get it. In some ways I think an outright non-select would be easier. Since Fulbright does not ever contact alternates again unless they get accepted later on, you kinda are left hanging on... how long do you wait for making alternate plans, how long do you wait before giving up hope? I'm afraid this isn't much of a pep talk, ririannie, but I just wanted you to know that I and many others in this forum empathize with your emotions.