Fulbright 2014-2015

conservationbiologist14

Loooonnnggg time lurker, first time poster. I've enjoyed being in the shadows long enough ;). Rooting for you all (Especially you Olioliwoo, dont give up hope as an alternate and its pretty kick ass your already determined enough to apply again). 

Anybody else out there for the Philippines? There were a bunch of us this year according to the stats, but I'm the first on the spreadsheet in three years to the Philippines. 

My token of contribution to the thread: were in purrrrrgattory!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/251872/sorry-for-the-delay

Good luck everybody!

Thank you for the words of encouragement NeBar  ^___^

Love that video! Pretty much sums it up, although thankfully without having to listen to Billy Mays commercials on loop.

Three days after someone posted they'd heard from Norway, yet still no word on my end.

Good sign or bad sign?

I'd maybe call and confirm whether they have gone out or not. Even if it is a county releasing news over two days, you should have heard by now. It could be a similar situation to what happened to polyglot17.

For those that see responses on the sheet from your countries, but have not heard, go to the IIE website and look up the email address of your regions program coordinator. Send them an email. Somehow, I never got mine. AND they sent it to a personal email that I did not have anywhere on my application. The PC was VERY nice and helpful; he forwarded me my acceptance within minutes. And in the words of Fulbright when I called "Do not worry about bothering us, it is our job to help you". 

Hi Everyone,

I emailed Cara Doble today about the Central Asian programs. I received an automated response from her account saying that she was out of the office until Monday. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from her. 

I just called. Apparently they didn't send them out yet, meaning the person who put down Norway's "rejection" was either a troll or accidentally mislabeled it. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt--those spreadsheets go through a lot of, erhm, maintenance from us!

I just called. Apparently they didn't send them out yet, meaning the person who put down Norway's "rejection" was either a troll or accidentally mislabeled it. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt--those spreadsheets go through a lot of, erhm, maintenance from us!

Did you talk to the actual PC? Because I called first too and was told the same thing. But that person (not the PC) was VERY wrong. 

Edited by Secret_Ninja

Did you talk to the actual PC? Because I called first too and was told the same thing. But that person (not the PC) was VERY wrong. 

*sigh* you'd think there would be a straightforward program or document that would state a person's status or whether notifications have gone out.

I was always a tad skeptical of that one Norway applicant because they put they'd first heard preliminary acceptances in early December. 

I wonder if it's not one of the standard grants.

No, they applied for journalism (which I also did, full disclosure), and Norway only has scholar, student, and ETA grants. 

Right, but maybe it's the scholar grant (the spreadsheet says "graduated" so it is vague)? They generally hear back earlier.

For those of you who applied to Taiwan, I emailed the ETA program coordinator yesterday. Here is her response: 

Date: Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Subject: RE: ETA Inquiry
To:

You should receive the result around mid of April from IIE in New York.

Best,

Kelly

For Germany applicants: DAAD research emails have gone out. (This may or may not mean something for Fulbright; my suspicious mind says it does mean something.)

Not to be a debbie downer but I don't think it means much. I got my results a few days ago and still nothing from the Fulbright... They've also never reported results on a Friday according to past records. I'm guessing we'll hear next week. Sucks.

Research or graduate grant? Yes...1600 EST...

@USA.J Yo - how confident are you in the credibility of this source? You've got me wigging out at work here even more so than usual.... 

For those of you who applied to Taiwan, I emailed the ETA program coordinator yesterday. Here is her response: 

Date: Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Subject: RE: ETA Inquiry

To:

You should receive the result around mid of April from IIE in New York.

Best,

Kelly

While "around mid of April" is more specific of a time than I had in my head, I was hoping for a date closer to last year (4/2)! But of course since I've waiting this long, I can hold out for a couple more weeks.

Anyway, thanks for emailing and sharing with us, am403!