MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

plz update me guys....i need help to decide plz

usask is not ceph accredited. based on the info from their website i believe practicum is paid.

when did u get the acceptance invitation? 

i and many others on this forum havent heard anything from usask

Waiting impatiently for U of T. Last year's class got their email for health promotions on april 3rd!!

It sounds like they only just got started reviewing applications last week, so we may have a bit longer to wait this year.

That being said, I have no clue how long the process takes. April is finally upon us though... This is the month of truth! Fingers crossed!

For anyone still waiting for Queens..this is the email I received today:

In regards to applications yes we have  started to send out  offers however have  only begun and still have a number of applications that are on the waiting list and final decisions are yet to be made. You should hear something within the next couple of weeks. I hope this information was helpful.

In regards to applications yes we have  started to send out  offers however have  only begun and still have a number of applications that are on the waiting list and final decisions are yet to be made. You should hear something within the next couple of weeks. I hope this information was helpful.

Thanks! hopefully that means soon... 

Has anyone heard anything from U of T MPH (Occupational and Environmental Health)??

The wait is killing me..

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I had both called and emailed the DLSPH OEH program coordinators last week and they emailed back this week saying they would look into my inquiry (I was just asking if admission letters had been sent out..)  Anyway, today I got an email requesting an interview which is scheduled for Monday

Now, my personal dilemma is that I have to respond to another school on Monday too T_T

Ughs. lol. At least this means they've been looking at apps! I'm sure more interview requests will be sent out this week.... 

Oh, and please don't spam them on my account/experience lol you can try contacting them if you haven't yet xD

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I had both called and emailed the DLSPH OEH program coordinators last week and they emailed back this week saying they would look into my inquiry (I was just asking if admission letters had been sent out..)  Anyway, today I got an email requesting an interview which is scheduled for Monday

Now, my personal dilemma is that I have to respond to another school on Monday too T_T

Ughs. lol. At least this means they've been looking at apps! I'm sure more interview requests will be sent out this week.... 

Oh, and please don't spam them on my account/experience lol you can try contacting them if you haven't yet xD

Do you know if  interviews are mandatory procedures before acceptances? And did your status change online??

Also are you in the professional or research stream?

Edited by lee.summer

Thanks figuringitout. I also heard back from Queen's on Monday and was told that my application is stiiiilll under review. Not sure what this means since someone else posted here a few pages back that they were waitlisted.. by the sounds of it, they must just be doing rolling admissions. I'll try to muster up some more patience in the mean time.

Has anyone heard anything from U of T MPH (Occupational and Environmental Health)??

The wait is killing me..

They've been doing interviews for past 3 weeks. They told me they would be sending out offers this week or next week. I applied for professional stream. I think it is mandatory,they want to see if you know what you're getting into since they accept so few people.

They've been doing interviews for past 3 weeks. They told me they would be sending out offers this week or next week. I applied for professional stream. I think it is mandatory,they want to see if you know what you're getting into since they accept so few people.

Ahh this does  not sound promising but thanks!

Thanks figuringitout. I also heard back from Queen's on Monday and was told that my application is stiiiilll under review. Not sure what this means since someone else posted here a few pages back that they were waitlisted.. by the sounds of it, they must just be doing rolling admissions. I'll try to muster up some more patience in the mean time.

Hi Ell,

Ya I do remember reading someone posting that they were waitlisted. Maybe they misunderstood the email and it was actually their application put on the waiting list to be reviewed. Anyways, I gather from other posts that people who received offers have to decide by Apr 13sh so maybe more offers will be sent then. *fingers crossed*

Hi Ell,

Ya I do remember reading someone posting that they were waitlisted. Maybe they misunderstood the email and it was actually their application put on the waiting list to be reviewed. Anyways, I gather from other posts that people who received offers have to decide by Apr 13sh so maybe more offers will be sent then. *fingers crossed*

Yeah sorry it may have been a miscommunication on my part, I emailed to ask about the status of my application and they told me I was currently wait listed. I don't think they officially emailed everyone else regarding the 'official' wait list and 2nd round offers (even my application status is still the same) - they're probably waiting for the first round to reply. Looks like last year heard from them around 10-16 April, hopefully we'll hear back around that time too! 

Hi all,

I have been recommended for admission to the University of Alberta for the Health Promotion on-campus stream.

I was also accepted into UVic's MPH.

Congratulations! I have yet to hear from either, so good and bad news alike should be on its way for the rest of us - thanks for the heads up!

Hi all,

I have been recommended for admission to the University of Alberta for the Health Promotion on-campus stream.

Congrats! Did u get the acceptance invite today?

Yes, I got UAlberta's acceptance this afternoon =)

nice! which is your top univ choice or still waiting to hear back from other univ?

Hi all,

which university will you choose?

Please tell me if any one in this group applied for UBC- Master in Health administration, U of Torontos- MHSc in Health Administration or UofDalhousie's MHA program? Looking forward for any piece of news desperately. I have heard applications are still in review and no offers are sent do far. Any one can help with their friends or contacts to extract possible info?

Please tell me if any one in this group applied for UBC- Master in Health administration, U of Torontos- MHSc in Health Administration or UofDalhousie's MHA program? Looking forward for any piece of news desperately. I have heard applications are still in review and no offers are sent do far. Any one can help with their friends or contacts to extract possible info?

Also how competitive these programs are compared to MPH stream? My GPA is 3.88/4 and 3.5 years of work exp as hospital administration and 2year volunteer work at Cancer institute. . What else could  help me?

Congratulations to everyone who has received offers this week!  I hope a bunch of you get good news from UofT soon and that I'll see some of you there.  I did find out that two other students from my undergraduate program were accepted to UofT's MPH in Community Nutrition, so I'll know some of my classmates.  Hope to have some of you as classmates in the general public health courses as well.