MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

around march 15, online status was changed completed for review. then on april 8 changed to dept recommend. april 10 i got the official confirmation.

My application was completed around Feb 14th. I guess I should not be expecting any response from their side by now.From this thread it looks like most people have received their acceptance offers by now.

My application was completed around Feb 14th. I guess I should not be expecting any response from their side by now.From this thread it looks like most people have received their acceptance offers by now.

Still have a good chance.  People may have committed to USask initially and may be on a waiting list at another preferred univ. 

May I ask what are your current credentials, BSc, MBBS etc?

Still have a good chance.  People may have committed to USask initially and may be on a waiting list at another preferred univ. 

May I ask what are your current credentials, BSc, MBBS etc?

I am a dentist from India, working in the department of public health dentistry in my college.Also have been working for an NGO.I have also applied to the MPH program in memorial university as well.How about your stats?

I am a dentist from India, working in the department of public health dentistry in my college.Also have been working for an NGO.I have also applied to the MPH program in memorial university as well.How about your stats?

Wow excellent credentials.   I am not sure what the international candidate admission pool is. But its likely more competitive overall than domestic applicants. 

Btw I had 3.8 gpa on the Ontario scale, with research/work in the hospital for 3 yrs. 

Edited by mh6

Just received an e-mail recommending me for admission to UAlberta's Health Promotion program! :)

Congratulations!! And just out of curiosity, did you receive it through your primary e-mail address or your ualberta one?

Congratulations!! And just out of curiosity, did you receive it through your primary e-mail address or your ualberta one?

I also received an offer from UofAlberta for the Health Promotion stream!

Congrats timetobegin! Do you plan to accept it?

Mjmm, they sent it to both e-mails - my primary and ualberta.

Congrats styrofoamboots! It's a hard decision, because I'm still waiting on MUN and UofT. What about you?

Edited by timetobegin

Mjmm, they sent it to both e-mails - my primary and ualberta.

Congrats styrofoamboots! It's a hard decision, because I'm still waiting on MUN and UofT. What about you?

I've already accepted my offer at UBC because the deadline to accept was so soon. However, I'm still waiting for UofT, Queen's, and Waterloo. I hate how inconsistent these deadlines and offers of admission are across schools. Granted, each school has a different application process and varying number of applicants; I just wish they all coincided with one another a little more closely.

Good luck on your decision! I hope you and fellow others here receive more good news! :)

Just got reccomended for admission to UofT OEH, I'm very happy as its my top choice. Good luck to all other applicants.

I want to thank my referees but an email feels too "meh." Is bringing in a box of chocolates or something else too much?

Hey, congrats! I also got recommendation for admission at UofT OEH. I'm still on the fence between SFU and UofT though.

And yeah I was thinking a thank you card + something personalized (like a coffee mug or something). Chocolates is a good idea though.

I got into U of T OEH! I plan to now decline the UofA offer for OEH and accept the U of T. Congrats to all !!! See you at the Meet and Greet !

thanks! is uofa or uoft your preference?

also did uofa ask for a deposit up front? 

U of T is my preference. U of A did not ask for a deposit. Best of luck!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update that I was recommended for admission to the University of Guelph for their MPH program. The wait is officially over! Time to make a decision.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update that I was recommended for admission to the University of Guelph for their MPH program. The wait is officially over! Time to make a decision.

Congrats, IAmMPH!! Did you hear by post or e-mail?

Thank you! I heard via email from Professor Andrew Papadopoulos! He said that the official letter would be sent out via post within the next 2 weeks.

I'm really hoping for Guelph, hopefully they'll send some more out tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Thank you! I heard via email from Professor Andrew Papadopoulos! He said that the official letter would be sent out via post within the next 2 weeks.

Congrats!

I'm really hoping for Guelph, hopefully they'll send some more out tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Me too.. so far I haven't heard back from anywhere and it's killing me :( I really hope I hear back tomorrow..

CONGRATS !!!

Got into Guelph as well, heard from Andrew as well :D:D:D

Now I am confused .. choosing between Queens and Guelph 

Any suggestions anyone? I am super confuzzled lol