MPH 2014 CANADA APPLICANTS

I will most likely be going to UofA (have also accepted SFU until I decide), but my girlfriend and I are having a difficult time coming to to terms with moving to Edmonton. Most people say "after two Yeats you'll be ready to leave" haha. But two years isn't that much in the grand scheme of things.

Congrats on UofA! :)  

Hey all - those who have been waiting for U of T - Health Promotion, apparently they have begun reviewing the applications, but no decisions have been made as of yet. We should hear back "sometime in April", likely late April - early May.

From what I've been told, once a decision is made from the department, we would get an email saying "you have been recommended to the program" and then the application is forward to the Admissions department (I think) from which point the status on SGS might change.

Hope this helps! Hang tight everyone =)

Hey all - those who have been waiting for U of T - Health Promotion, apparently they have begun reviewing the applications, but no decisions have been made as of yet. We should hear back "sometime in April", likely late April - early May.

From what I've been told, once a decision is made from the department, we would get an email saying "you have been recommended to the program" and then the application is forward to the Admissions department (I think) from which point the status on SGS might change.

Hope this helps! Hang tight everyone =)

Good to know! Thank you for the information!

My online status at USask was updated to Decision Made. Dept Recommended. 

Hoping this is official. No email or anything though. Is anyone else in a similar predicament?

My online status at USask was updated to Decision Made. Dept Recommended. 

Hoping this is official. No email or anything though. Is anyone else in a similar predicament?

Congrats! I got my official email the day after the 'dept recommended' status change. The email said we'd get a physical acceptance letter in the mail within 3 weeks. 

Late to this party, but here's my contribution:

Accepted at SFU for MPH Occupational and Environmental Health

Interview tomorrow for UofT OEH...

I will ask again to see when UofT sends out notice of acceptance.

Are there any Occupational and Env, Health applicants out here??

Here's hoping for the best! Is this your first pick?

Yes it is! I really love their philosophy. However, seeing as they only accept 10%, and judging by the quality of applicants on here, I think my chances are probably a bit slim. :( I would absolutely love to be there, though.

How about you?

Just checked the grad cafe results survey and it looks like there was a rejection for queens sent out yesterday... Really hope they're starting to send out the rest of the responses this week and the next 

Edited by ST_

Does that mean I should not expect any good news, if they say decision is already sent to me by Mail, and I have not received any email, call or interview notification so far. I also called them but grad coordinator said- it can be notified by mail only. 

I am an international student and it will take a long time for their mail to reach me. Should I count on it at all? 

I have no idea.  I don't know how the other streams at UofT do their admissions.  I was just providing my experience in case anyone else was interested in the Community Nutrition program.

Just checked the grad cafe results survey and it looks like there was a rejection for queens sent out yesterday... Really hope they're starting to send out the rest of the responses this week and the next 

Hopefully this means there's hope for those of us still in limbo!

If you are waiting on MPH-epi decisions from U of T hang on tight. Just got in touch with the GA there and she said decisions will be finalized first to second week of May 

...and the wait just got longer ..:'(

I thought they would send the rejections all at once. Newho, fingers crossed for all of us still waiting. 

Congrats! I got my official email the day after the 'dept recommended' status change. The email said we'd get a physical acceptance letter in the mail within 3 weeks. 

no email today  :(. hoping it comes soon.

I got an email from Charlotte Lombardo telling me I was recommended for admission to Health Promotion at U of T!

I got that email as well!! Woohoo!!

I have been recommended for admission to the Dalla Lana School of Public Health for the MPH in Health Promotion! UofT! I am speechless, something I have indeed been dreaming about for a while!

Edited by IAmMPH