Geneva, Switzerland and IHEID

redflower37

• 1 month later...

I don't know about that campus, but the city if fantastic.  Apartments tend to be small and expensive.  Geneva is, after all, an international center that is geographically limited due to its close proximity to the French border.  I was admitted to UNIGE for this fall, and looked into apartments.  I found rooms that cost about what an apartment over here might cost (depending on where) in the neighborhood of $500 a month...but they're bedrooms (some with private baths) instead of apartments.  The city is clean, but too big to be what I call quiet.  There are websites to help you find lodging, particularly if you know some French.  Bonne chance!

• 4 years later...

Hi!

I am looking to study at IHEID in the coming fall. While the tuition is negligible, I am concerned about the living expense during the program - the website quotes a minimum expense of over CHF 1800 per month, which is much higher than any of the other European cities. Now I understand that Switzerland is expected to be expensive to stay in. Does living away from the university help the costs? Do you have suggestions to bring down costs while living in Switzerland?

Any information, even anecdotal, is appreciated. Thanks!