George Washington University

Snowden12

Yeah, I'm leaning towards it too...I'll be making the trip up to DC next week to attend GU's SSP and visit some classes at GWU. Seems like GWU is the best deal, while GU's price is astronomical. Not sure if I'll do the straight IR track or do security studies at GWU. Neither economics nor statistics is my strong suit...bleh...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be doing International Economic Affairs at the Elliott school next year. I am really nervous because so far it is being funded 95% on loans. Hopefully I will get a job while in DC to start paying it off and of course get an awesome job after I graduate. :)

I just sent in my acceptance to their acceptance... lol I forget what it's called. So hopefully I made the right decision because I am already minus $500! I have no idea where I'm going to live. I have heard some people even live in Virginia because it is cheaper there. I hate that there are no student discounts/monthly passes for the metro....

I am hoping I will receive information from the Elliott School soon because I am hoping to use their resources to find a summer internship or job in DC (I've applied already to a few with no response)

How is everyone else doing?

I will be actually attending Columbia SIPA, though I did get into GW, NYU, and New School. I actually went to GW Elliott school undergrad and still live in the area. Housing is not too hard to find in DC, and you will have a lot of options in terms of apartments and group housing. I would suggest not living in Foggy Bottom and actually exploring other parts of the city.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be attending GWU in the fall for the MA IA program within the Elliott School. I am currently looking for housing, a roommate, and looking into interships/jobs (as I am attending without financial aid). Any suggestions on good neighborhoods to check out would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has worked at GWU in the past, how was that experience? I understand they have some programs where they forgive some tuition costs if you work for them.

BirdsWithVertigo said:
Any suggestions on good neighborhoods to check out would be appreciated.

Have you checked out the cityguide on here? There are quite a few recommendations there. From what I understand, NW and SW are safe, although can be very pricey, while the NE and SE are not safe. However, if one isn't from DC, it's a little hard to figure out where the boundary lines are exactly. I've also found more specifics concerning safe boundaries in DC on City-Data.com. I hope to live in northern Virginia, but I have yet to find anything. Best of luck!

• 2 months later...

I just sent in my acceptance to their acceptance... lol I forget what it's called. So hopefully I made the right decision because I am already minus $500! I have no idea where I'm going to live. I have heard some people even live in Virginia because it is cheaper there. I hate that there are no student discounts/monthly passes for the metro....

How is everyone else doing?

I was accepted for Fall into Columbian college at GW but actually took my first course during the summer 1 session in May. My advisor mentioned that students (maybe not all, might depend on major, etc? dunno) are allowed to take classes beginning the semester before they were accepted. Meaning, if you were admitted in fall, you can take summer classes. Although, i'm not sure if that works the same way between fall and spring semesters.

about half of my classmates (only 12 total) during that one summer course lived in Nova, most near the Rosslyn area since it's so close by metro. I commute to Foggy Bottom from Rockville (about a 40min metro ride, w/ a switch at metro center). I really wish they'd hurry up and offer a cheaper student discount for metro. It would make SO much sense since there are 3 universities ON metro lines (American, UDC, GWU) - oh, even Howard U. I dont even know if that's all of them! Anyway, just thought i'd say "I agree with you!" :D

• 1 month later...

Being the largest promotions company of its kind in Washington DC, Panorama Productions and its subsidiary, DC Clubbing is known throughout the world as a Mecca for memorable nightlife events and parties and has attracted the biggest stars in the DJ universe, including Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Benny Benassi, David Guetta and many others. Panorama's list of venues is equally impressive with signature events at DC clubs like Platinum, Love, DC Live, Spy Club, Zei Club, Fur, Insomnia and Coco Loco.

Currently, you can find Panorama Productions lighting up DC nightlife on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Lima (1401 K St NW), Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Ultrabar (911 F St. NW), and Saturdays with their flagship event, Glow at Fur nightclub (33 Patterson St. NE). From college events to cocktail soirees to DJs "massives," Panorama runs the gamut in DC nightlife and entertainment and has established itself as a force to be reckoned with, in the nightlife, club industry. Often imitated, never duplicated, Panorama represents the promotional model that other companies aspire to be. DC clubbing will never be the same.

For more info go to our website: http://www.dcclubbing.com

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use