2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Just contacted Northwestern DGP, they are definitely not done with interview invitations yet, people are still rejecting invitations and more spots are open, so it is very much still possible to get an acceptance by March 15th.

Thank you so much for calling! I saw that the other day and was very disappointed. Best of luck to you!

Tufts Immunology invite- half day information session/interview on February 24. 

I e-mailed them early last week since I was getting anxious, and got the same generic "all applicants will be notified at the end of May" response. I guess they tried to send me an invite the day after I asked about the interview dates, but they mistyped my e-mail address, so I didn't get it until they realized their mistake 5 days later and sent it again. It looks like they may be a little slow with getting invites out, but looks like they're coming, for all those who are waiting! 

Mt. Sinai & Einstein are very silent. No closure reject email from Weill Cornell BCMB so far.

I loved Hershey Penn state program. More than happy to go there.

Can't wait for it to be April. I would know where I'm heading for sure!

Mt. Sinai & Einstein are very silent. No closure reject email from Weill Cornell BCMB so far.

I loved Hershey Penn state program. More than happy to go there.

Can't wait for it to be April. I would know where I'm heading for sure!

Einstein had a late opening today from weather, so that might have a slight impact on things.

Anyone else want to give them a call?  They probably all know me over there by now.

Einstein had a late opening today from weather, so that might have a slight impact on things.

Anyone else want to give them a call?  They probably all know me over there by now.

Is there a particular person you were contacting for the info, and do you have their number? Or should I just call a general admissions number?

Is there a particular person you were contacting for the info, and do you have their number? Or should I just call a general admissions number?

I was thinking about calling the associate dean, not sure how they feel about me posting numbers so it's the first one on this page: http://www.einstein.yu.edu/education/phd/contact-us/

I was thinking about calling the associate dean, not sure how they feel about me posting numbers so it's the first one on this page: http://www.einstein.yu.edu/education/phd/contact-us/

So they have a few more spaces for interview invites, and they suspect that by next week they will have them all sent out...... soooo.... still waiting.

So they have a few more spaces for interview invites, and they suspect that by next week they will have them all sent out...... soooo.... still waiting.

Okay, thanks for calling.  Nice to have a timetable at least.

Great! Thanks for calling. So 10 more days then :| . I guess i will be checking my email regularly.

Got a reject from Carnegie Mellon University - Biomedical Engineering & University of Washington - Bioengineering. 

Since we have a decision made (congratulations!), I think I'll start the get to know you/decisions thread. Is there anything you guys want included in the first post that people should indicate when they introduce themselves?

How about a line that asks people why they chose that school over their other offers?

How about a line that asks people why they chose that school over their other offers?

Definitely.

What about something like:

University y

Program biology subfield x

Degree masters/phd

Are you okay with being contacted via PM about housing/meetups? yes/no

Why did you choose this program? explanation

Congrats! Did you hear back from Cambridge MGM?

^^ I did not. I informed Sanger on Sunday that I would accept their offer. I am guessing that maybe the MGM program somehow found out, so I did not get any email from them today. What about you? Did you get an offer? 

^^ I did not. I informed Sanger on Sunday that I would accept their offer. I am guessing that maybe the MGM program somehow found out, so I did not get any email from them today. What about you? Did you get an offer? 

:) there's a big overlap in the direction, so they might have found out.

I didn't get any emails from them today, and the admissions officer is not replying either. Maybe they've postponed decisions, which sucks.

Edited by theycombinator

I was supposed to fly to Princeton today for my interview (not the main weekend - I'm visiting on my own since I couldn't make any of those) and lo and behold there is a snowstorm in Newark! My flight is 3 hours (and still no word yet in departure) delayed, and I was supposed to go to a really cool departmental meeting tonight :(

I have learned a valuable lesson: when picking interview flights, especially in the Northeast and especially during winter, be sure to get in as early as possible! I picked an afternoon flight so I could make my morning class, but in retrospect it wasn't worth it :(

Is any one still waiting to hear from University of Houston, Graduate school of biomedical sciences? I have not hear back from them yet. I dont know if this getting close to rejection. I had been trying to email them couple of times and have not heard back from them yet.