NOVA South Eastern University

I founf that NOVA has a SLP program... and I wanted to find out if anyone had any personal experience information about the program. I'm usually very cautious about programs that aren't from a traditional university and have a predominantly online program focus, as does NOVA. I don't know if they are accreditted and if degrees from this institution are respected. I also don't know the cost and if it is rediculously more expensive because of the convienence it offers.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance... and happy Monday.

Nova is VERY respected.  The program takes longer to complete, as you don't have as many classes per semester, but it's a great program.  I had a prof who did her MS at a traditional on campus program, and later did her D-SLP at Nova (the hybrid doctoral program) and she was absolutely outstanding.  I have met a few Nova students online as well, and even though it is expensive ($75k?) it is worth it for the online, part-time style degree.  I think it takes something like 4 years to do.  There are other online-only programs as well -- online schools are not as poorly done as they used to be.  Check in ASHA's edfind list for online master's programs - there are about 12 or more, and they are all ASHA-accredited programs.  

I personally did not apply to NOVA, but I did apply to another online program in addition to the on campus options, and ultimately I chose to go the route of 2-years on campus and done, but I was also considering a 3-year program where the first year is essentially part-time and the next two are more full-time, just "distance ed."  I also looked at James Madison, which offers a distance ed option as well.  They are ALL great, it's just a matter of what your learning style is, if you can be VERY self-managed, and how much time you would have to travel / spend on campus (usually some amount of time is required, even if it's just orientation).