Thank you note

anxious

Can anyone tell me if I should send a thank you note to the professors after visiting the university and the professors of the program I've been accepted and have decided to go. I was thinking of sending an email saying thanks for the time and sharing the useful info about the program and that I have accepted the offer to join their program.

Guest Guest

Why not make it more personal? Overnite a nice thank you letter with a basket filled with wine, fruit and snacks. It would be thoughtful and personal. Anyone with any thoughts on this idea?

Guest Guest

Sure. Send a thank you note. I'm sure it would be a nice jesture and they would appreciate it. Maybe the overnighting a basket full of stuff might not be the best thing to do... a note may get the idea across just as nicely.

Yeah... that seems to be a little over the top. I also don't think it's any more "personal" than a note. Unless they said how much they like wine and fruit in a casual conversation and that would be strange.