HCI - Anyone else?

I'm going to be attending a Human-Centered Systems program in the Fall, coming from a Psychology background. I am hoping to get into UX once I finish, maybe eventually doing consulting when I have a breadth of knowledge in the field (I'm thinking 10 years time, maybe more).

Anyone else going into the field? Where are you going to be/where are you applying to? Plans after graduation?

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to apply to a Human-Centered Systems program in the Fall of 2014. I have the same interest as you, UX. I come from a communications background and I work at a tech company. I have a huge list of schools I want to narrow down before applying, so I'm not sure yet. Jenny, is your program is 12 months long?

I would like to apply to a Human-Centered Systems program in the Fall of 2014. I have the same interest as you, UX. I come from a communications background and I work at a tech company. I have a huge list of schools I want to narrow down before applying, so I'm not sure yet. Jenny, is your program is 12 months long?

It is a little under 12 months, but not by much. I start courses on September 30th 2013 and finish my dissertation by August 31st 2014. 

• 1 year later...

Applying for Interaction Design\HCI programs for Fall 2015. Currently looking at CMU HCI & Interaction Design, UWashington Human Centered Engineering and Design, Georgia Tech's Digital Media and HCI, and MIT's Media Lab.