Are there any pre-renaissance art pieces that have to do with vanity or mirrors?

thePRgal

I have to write a comparison paper comparing one pre renaissance piece with another art piece from any time period.

I want to compare it to Martha and Mary Magdalen but that can change if there are any other pieces relating to vanity or mirrors

The only one I can think of is the Arnolfini Portrait by Jan van Eyck. You may not consider it to be pre-Renaissance, depending on what year you consider to be the starting point of the Northern Renaissance, but it features a mirror that shows two additional people not in the main scene, one of which might be the artist.

I believe there are depictions of mirrors in Ancient Greek Art. I recall a few vases upon which Aphrodite is looking at herself in a hand mirror. So maybe conduct a few different searches that say something like "Aphrodite and Mirrors" or "Aphrodite, mirrors, and Ancient Greek Art". 

The TA in me is grimacing at you all doing her homework for her. 

I linked A WHOLE WEBSITE dedicated to the history of mirrors in art.... and she seems to have completely disregarded the resource because I didn't spell out the answer for her! Geesh.

tumblr_mijp0pLQXj1s5h9x0o1_500.gif