MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

What the hell is up with Indiana? Anyone have insider info?

I'm assuming they lost my application. But at this point, i'm fine with that. I already have too many acceptance to deal with. 

Waitlisted at Columbia for Printmaking... they were my top choice. Damn. Found out via their web page portal.

Hi!

Im trying. To find out if igot waitlisted. Could you please please. Link me to where you got this info from?

Hey all I'm trying to learn more about SFAIs program if anyone has any insight to share!!

they accepted me via email the other day and they'fe offering about 13,000 in grant/ rest in loans through the school.  SMFA is offering me a 14,000 merit scholarship and I really love their program, but I guess it would be silly of me to blindly accept SMFA without learning more about SFAI... 

Rejection from Indiana University (Printmaking) via snail mail yesterday afternoon.  It's fine-- I spent yesterday at UW-Madison and fell in love.  Anyone else going to UW?  My partner and I will be moving to Madison in a few months and it would be wonderful to connect with fellow MFA students before the program begins.

Hey all I'm trying to learn more about SFAIs program if anyone has any insight to share!!

they accepted me via email the other day and they'fe offering about 13,000 in grant/ rest in loans through the school.  SMFA is offering me a 14,000 merit scholarship and I really love their program, but I guess it would be silly of me to blindly accept SMFA without learning more about SFAI... 

GO TO SMFA

in my humble opinion

Edited by mlk

Rejection from Indiana University (Printmaking) via snail mail yesterday afternoon.  It's fine-- I spent yesterday at UW-Madison and fell in love.  Anyone else going to UW?  My partner and I will be moving to Madison in a few months and it would be wonderful to connect with fellow MFA students before the program begins.

Yay!!!! Congrats! Seems like the place to be for printmaking and I've heard Madison is fantastic!

Yes SMFA for sure. SFAI doesn't have as great a reputation as SMFA does.

And this... That is a nice bump on their scholarship and one of my favorite photographer/sculptors still teaches there I believe. 

GO TO SMFA

in my humble opinion

Yes SMFA for sure. SFAI doesn't have as great a reputation as SMFA does.

Thanks!!!! Already what I was thinking... it helps to hear it though. 

I was notified of my MFA acceptance at Pratt by email on March 11. If you haven't heard, maybe you're on the waitlist? Offer holders have till May 1 to secure their place.

Has anyone heard something from CCA Design and Pratt Communication programs?

I can't believe I still haven't heard back from CalArts Photo! I'm trying to be patient but it's really hard! What are people doing to cope with the waiting?

Either email them or call them. I have done this with a few schools (UCLA, USC, NYU) and it was not a problem. 2 said if you haven't heard by now then you didn't make the cut and the other says they are taking longer than expected to decide. No harm in asking.

Good luck!

I applied for Graphic design of Cal arts.

They said they're gonna send me a final result this week.

I can't believe I still haven't heard back from CalArts Photo! I'm trying to be patient but it's really hard! What are people doing to cope with the waiting?

Does Colorado Boulder interview every department? Has anyone heard from Colorado, LSU, or Kansas State for ceramics?

Kansas state should have sent notifications out already. If you haven't heard, either you are wait listed or rejected. I was wait listed, but since I know a professor, she called me. Hope that helps anyways.

Emailed the DGS at Notre Dame and found out I was rejected. Only one option left so if you or someone you know was accepted to Kansas State and isn't going, please decline as I'm on the waitlist.

just accepted one of my three second choice schools (got rejected from the first - Columbia)

THE PROCESS IS OVER... and I am not ending up where I expected or hoped to be...

but I am very excited nonetheless!

good luck everyone! I believe in you all!