New Programs

I've been advised to look into programs that are just starting out, since they generally tend to be more flexible with whome they accept.

Does anyone know of schools that have newly developed SLP Graduate programs... perferably in the South East, but I'm open to anywhere honestly.  :) 

I have been advised the same thing. I am from the southeast as well, so im applying to all florida schools but im worried i dont have the GPA bc those schools are so competitive. I applied to Nova too bc i heard they accept more people compared to public universities. 

• 2 weeks later...

My current school, Elmhurst College, is starting their grad program this year. It's a small private school in the Chicago suburbs, just a train ride away from downtown. It's honestly a great location - very cute area, near a large hospital, and has connections in the city as well. I'm sure they would love to have more out-of-state applicants, especially since they took like 10+ seniors from our undergraduate program for this upcoming year. It's a great undergraduate program, so I fully believe it will be a good graduate program as well.

Im having the same problem as well. Trying to find a school in the southeast that is relativley new and accepts more students. I have heard the same about Nova as well. I applied there in June and waiting to hear back. My gpa isnt so good. I have a 3.1 in my udnergrad in psych. Im planning on applying to FAU and UCF as well. 

To the New Jersey poster: What were you stats to get into Kean and montclair. I am originally from NJ so wouldnt mind moving back up there for school. Thanks