PolSci Idaho State

30rus

Hi Guys

i've been looking at Idaho states pol.sci department and they seem to offer a doctorate in political science but its not a PhD , its a D.A. (Doctor of Arts), would this be a problem in the future if i want to enter academia? also, they seem to wave the GRE if you have a good enough GPA, has anyone here anything about their admission records? any views on the program and the university in general? i really dont want to take  the GRE so this is a real decider for me.

i would love to hear what you think on this

well i am serious and certainly not a troll, i'm just a confused applicant for next year weighing his different  options.

the matter is that if i a get a doctorate i would not be looking for a job in the U.S. but having a degree from the U.S. matters a lot where i come from.

as i mentioned earlier, i dont want to take the GRE so places which they are not needed are top on my priority list.

None of us can tell you how a degree from Idaho State will be received in your home country. But here are two reasons to hesitate about choosing this program. First, funding, especially for international students, will be limited or completely absent. And second, their doctoral program requires students to specialize in American politics (see the description of the graduate program on their site). You won't be able to write a dissertation on the things you've mentioned on here before as your interests. If you're really committed for some reason to not taking the GRE, I would think that universities outside the US would be your best set of options.