Stanford GSE

phil413

Ok I am really nervous now! I applied to the ICE PhD program. Didn't contact any POIs. Have got a positive response from one other University but Stanford is like my dream school. And I see for Science Education they have already started sending out acceptances/interview calls. 

Someone with a MIT master degree in related field and a handful of publications still got rejected in 2013... Well I am not nervous at all now..." why not try" school....

Quick question - any idea how many applications Stanford gets for the POLS (Masters) program each year? I know they have only 35 spots available but I can't find any information regarding how many people apply. Thanks for your help and good luck to everyone!

someone got into Stanford SHIPS! huge congrats, whoever you are. if you feel like sharing any additional info about how you found out, your stats, etc, I'm sure lots of us would be interested!

totally freaking out now. has anyone gotten a rejection? based on past years, it looks like Stanford is relatively kind in that admit and reject letters go out around the same time, as opposed to making rejected applicants wait longer. please post if you hear anything, good or bad?

someone got into Stanford SHIPS! huge congrats, whoever you are. if you feel like sharing any additional info about how you found out, your stats, etc, I'm sure lots of us would be interested!

Whoever got into SHIPS, huge congrats!!! From past threads, it looks like they reject everybody. Personally expecting a nice rejection. 

hmm I haven't received anything yet. I am told that we should hear in 2 weeks

I'm just curious - who did you hear that from? Did they give an exact timeline? Was it for the SHIPS program? -- Just dying to know all the info I can, haha.

Well I asked the admissions office and they indicated that all decisions will be out mid-February. My POI also mentioned a similar timeline for the SHIPS program. I applied to the higher education specialization though. As far as I understand, the acceptance on the results page belongs to the economics of education specialization. anyone else heard from Stanford??

Well I asked the admissions office and they indicated that all decisions will be out mid-February. My POI also mentioned a similar timeline for the SHIPS program. I applied to the higher education specialization though. As far as I understand, the acceptance on the results page belongs to the economics of education specialization. anyone else heard from Stanford??

Ah gotcha. Maybe the recent admission is a sign we'll all hear back sooner than they had planned?? Probably overly optimistic thinking though. :)

Ah gotcha. Maybe the recent admission is a sign we'll all hear back sooner than they had planned?? Probably overly optimistic thinking though. :)

I guess anything is possible. For example, economics of education has given an acceptance on 28th of feb last year while other SHIPS applicants received their decision earlier. 

Just saw on the result page that someone got into SHIPS! Huge congrats! 

Makes me pretty worried because I haven't heard back (SHIPS-RILE PhD applicant). Just getting over not having been contacted by Harvard, so pretty bummed. I wonder if they send everything on the same day or not. Maybe today's the day.

I have no idea what the acceptance rate is for POLS, but during an LDT seminar in November the Admissions Director said that they get around 200+ applications (for LDT only) and accept around 20. Although I may not recall accurately. 

Thanks! Although I'm not really liking those odds...

Edited by msshandy

Just wondering if anyone else is applying to STEP? I've seen a lot of discussion about ICE and POLS etc but not much STEP. I'm applying to secondary mathematics. I'm freaking out a bit because STEP wants a STEP Essay and an optional personal statement. I realized today that I sent my essay but forgot to change my title from personal statement to STEP essay. Now I feel like my chances are shot since it seems I submitted the optional personal statement but no required essay (I changed parts of my personal statement to work for the essay but of course in my million read-throughs forgot the stupid title!) Oh well! Here's hoping my other schools accept me!

Just wondering if anyone else is applying to STEP? I've seen a lot of discussion about ICE and POLS etc but not much STEP. I'm applying to secondary mathematics. I'm freaking out a bit because STEP wants a STEP Essay and an optional personal statement. I realized today that I sent my essay but forgot to change my title from personal statement to STEP essay. Now I feel like my chances are shot since it seems I submitted the optional personal statement but no required essay (I changed parts of my personal statement to work for the essay but of course in my million read-throughs forgot the stupid title!) Oh well! Here's hoping my other schools accept me!

Hi I also applied to STEP (elementary ed though). I don't think the title of your essay matters that much. Since you only submitted one essay, they'd probably assume that's the STEP essay since that one is required whereas the personal statement is not.

Sorry to see that people got their rejection letter from Stanford GSE in SHIPS Linguistics PhD. I'm pretty sure the rest of us will hear soon too... (I'm SHIPS-RILE PhD). Good luck everyone, with Stanford and with other schools!! 

got the rejection letter -- I'd applied to SHIPS Sociology of Education -- and I'm feeling surprisingly sad despite having other great options.

Excited for those who were accepted, though! Congrats!

got the rejection letter -- I'd applied to SHIPS Sociology of Education -- and I'm feeling surprisingly sad despite having other great options.

Excited for those who were accepted, though! Congrats!

Sorry to hear that, but congrats on your other acceptance! I feel like a lot of people heard back this morning, so I'm wondering when my email will come... I keep checking email and application system, but nothing yet :( the wait is pretty painful

I got waitlisted for SHIPS history. Feels a little like purgatory. Congrats to those accepted and condolences to those rejected. I will be joining one of those ranks soon!