GREguide.com - has anyone tried this?

obviousbicycle

http://www.greguide.com/free-gre-full-length-tests/free-full-tests-home.html

I ran out of free full-length practice tests so I decided to give this website a shot. I just went through each one of the quantitative and verbal sections and I find the questions waaaaaaay too difficult. I wonder if it was only me or their questions are indeed ridiculously tough compared to the real GRE...?

(notice that the interface does not completely resemble the real GRE - there's no back and review button!)

The greguide tests are not representative at all of the real GRE. For example: on the greguide practice test, I was placed in the 3rd, yes 3rd, percentile for verbal. On a practice GRE from ETS, I was 78th percentile.

Don't use greguide. You're better off spending money to get a book with more accurate tests.

As a update, I did one of their verbal sections and I quite disliked some of the questions.  One was a question on electrodynamics, for which you had to know what electrodynamics is in order to answer the question.  You could reason it out I suppose by breaking the word down into electro and dynamic, though I don't think the GRE expects this kind of work.

In either case, I didn't find it as a great resource.

Yeah that's what I thought too. The tests are way far too different than other practice tests that I've done so far, let it be the format, difficulty level or the interface.

Do you have any recommendations on full-length tests that I could access - either free or for purchase? So far I have the Powerpreps, 6 Manhattan tests, Magoosh, Princeton Review, Kaplan, McGraw Hill and myGREtutor.

Hey,  I think greguide questions seem to be unparalleled with ets! And so far, you have enough materials, you don't need even more.

You sure? I am bit paranoid as I thought I need as much material as possible, haha! Thanks though!

Edited by obviousbicycle