UNC Chapel Hill Stats?

jean21

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the average GRE/GPA of admitted students to UNC’s BBS Program – more specifically, the Genetics and Molecular Biology Program. I can’t seem to find them anywhere and there is a faculty member there I am very interested in working with. I glanced briefly at the submitted results page here and the GRE scores seem to be mostly in the mid 160s for both verbal and quant. Does anyone know if this is the norm? I don’t have the best scores (157V, 159Q) and am wondering if I should even apply.

Thanks in advance!

GRE scores are the least important part of an application. What is more important is your previous research experience, letters, classes/GPA, and statement of purpose. Your GRE scores are fine, don't worry too much about them, they should not be the reason you don't apply.

I interviewed at UNC for BBSP last winter, and am now a student,  :)  if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Edited by mop

ajk21, FYI,

I know two people who both applied last fall to the BBSP. One had a 157V and I think a 159Q (she got accepted and now goes to UNC), the other person had higher scores and did not get accepted (not even an interview). On a side note, the person not accepted was an international student. She had more research experience and higher grades/scores but was told that it would be too expensive to fund her :( 

Thank you for your responses mop and maggiemay!

The fact that you know someone who got accepted with my GRE score (or around my score) is very encouraging! I plan on looking into the program a little more, but will likely apply :)