DAAD Graduate Study Scholarship 2014-2015

dolfinz

Lalakey,

While I'm loathe to prolong your misery, would you mind me asking if you had checked your application status on the DAAD portal? fingers crossed for the Fulbright!

Haha no worries. I just looked at the DAAD portal-- I have never used the portal for my applications and had to just register anew, so I'm guessing no, my info is not up there!

On the DAAD Facebook for Pakistan they explained it. You can read about it here: https://www.facebook.com/daadicpakistan?filter=2.

Dear DAAD,

Good day,

I just came across the application status update on my daad portal account. It reads "selection made". I would like to know what does that mean.

Many thanks.

Also sent my info hard copy to the DAAD office (grad study scholarship) - also still waiting to hear on the west coast.

Same for me, but Virginia. Mail just came, no letter.

Yeah, as did I. Although when I did the intensive summer language class two years ago I only had to submit the paper application. But I was under the impression that all applicants to the 2014-15 graduate research fellowship had to upload all documents (save for rec letters) to the portal and then send everything to the New York office. 

Yeah, as did I. Although when I did the intensive summer language class two years ago I only had to submit the paper application. But I was under the impression that all applicants to the 2014-15 graduate research fellowship had to upload all documents (save for rec letters) to the portal and then send everything to the New York office. 

Maybe for the research scholarship, but not for the study scholarship. I noticed they have made a note on their website that they are changing the study scholarship over to that application procedure this year as well

I also applied to the graduate research fellowship. Did you check your portal account by any chance?

My girlfriend had the same "selection made" status, heard unofficially from the university coordinator that she thought it meant she was accepted, but just got an email a half hour ago saying that her application had NOT been accepted.

My girlfriend had the same "selection made" status, heard unofficially from the university coordinator that she thought it meant she was accepted, but just got an email a half hour ago saying that her application had NOT been accepted.

Thanks for this update! This is a little bit odd isn't it? An email from DAAD? I thought they did all hard copies/snail mail.

Yes, sadly I received that email too (and did have the 'selection made' status)... bummer  :(

In that case, I think we can safely put to rest the rumor that "selection made" means anything. Sorry to hear that you didn't get it, but if you don't mind telling, when did you get the email?

I guess "selection made" does not mean what the DAAD Pakistan thinks it means.

I know! Which is really bizarre since it was posted on their fb page. Totally misleading.

In that case, I think we can safely put to rest the rumor that "selection made" means anything. Sorry to hear that you didn't get it, but if you don't mind telling, when did you get the email?

Thanks. It is heartbreaking...but now I can move on and prep for plan B

I got the email an hour ago at 11:55a

I know! Which is really bizarre since it was posted on their fb page. Totally misleading.

Thanks. It is heartbreaking...but now I can move on and prep for plan B

I got the email an hour ago at 11:55a

If you don't mind me asking, which grant did you apply for? Are they sending out emails for everything to day...it's rather nerve racking.

I find it very strange that some people get emailed and some get snailmail? Very odd

I think this is because the research grants use the portal  (in addition to snail mail) whereas the study grants do not this year. You applied for the study grant, right?

Edited by steppenwolf7788

I think this is because the research grants use the portal  (in addition to snail mail) whereas the study grants do not this year. You applied for the study grant, right?

ugh I don't even know. I proposed to study but also carry out a project. I guess that counts as a study grant.