When will GRE scores appear on account?

nythe

I recently took the computer-based GRE on September 30. Its been about 2 weeks now and when I view scores on my account, it still just shows "Absent or not available". Furthermore, none of the universities I selected during the test appear under the list of institutions where the scores should be sent to.

Is it normal for ETS to take this long? I read on several other forums that people were getting their scores online within 10 days and their selected institutions were showing up on their account within 2-3 days.

It all depends on who is grading your AW scores and how many people took the test during your time period.  Some people's stuff simply gets graded quicker.  ETS say to allow them 3 weeks I believe.  An 8-10 day turnaround is on the quick side.  

Ok, good to know :)  Then, I should probably be getting my results within this week. Although I already know my unofficial scores. Verbal: 156, Quant: 165. God, i'm so screwed :( . If I don't get 4.5 or higher on AWA, I'll probably retest.

Ok, good to know :)  Then, I should probably be getting my results within this week. Although I already know my unofficial scores. Verbal: 156, Quant: 165. God, i'm so screwed :( . If I don't get 4.5 or higher on AWA, I'll probably retest.

ETS will send an e-mail (the same e-mail account you used to register for the test) when your scores have been calculated.

It all depends on who is grading your AW scores and how many people took the test during your time period.  Some people's stuff simply gets graded quicker.  ETS say to allow them 3 weeks I believe.  An 8-10 day turnaround is on the quick side.  

yeah so screwd with a 156 verbal and 165 quant..i hate posts like these.

yeah so screwd with a 156 verbal and 165 quant..i hate posts like these.

sorry lol. But I was aiming to get into Stanford or MIT. I understand that my scores aren't bad, but on average, the top universities admits get scores above the 90th percentile in both sections

sorry lol. But I was aiming to get into Stanford or MIT. I understand that my scores aren't bad, but on average, the top universities admits get scores above the 90th percentile in both sections

I know.  I just had a professor say his department had no funding for next Fall.  He then asked if I would be applying to Yale, and I could only mourn the fact that Yale might very well want 90th percentile in math as well.   

Aw, man that's too bad. :mellow:  What were your scores and which unis do you plan on applying to? Also, do you know if GRE scores matter more or less for Masters admissions versus PhD admissions?

What should i do? rele tensed

as awells27 said, I believe ETS officially says that the scores should appear within 2-3 weeks of taking the test. So it should arrive this week hopefully. Even still, I sent them an email about this yesterday so I'm waiting for their official reply.

Aw, man that's too bad. :mellow:  What were your scores and which unis do you plan on applying to? Also, do you know if GRE scores matter more or less for Masters admissions versus PhD admissions?

Verbal 93rd/Math 78th/AW 99th.  I looked at Yale's admissions stats for religion, and average scores for all categories were 95th or above.  Even with better scores, their admissions rates are around 5%.  Univ. of Virginia said close to perfect GRE scores are often rejected because the SOP is unacceptable.  My top schools I am seeking are Hebrew Union, UPenn, RIce, Michigan, and UCLA (What I would not give for a safety school).  With one other school, I am still awaiting a response from a POI on whether they are considering PHD students in their emphasis.  

My masters GRE scores, old format, were 1320 (very high verbal and dismal math), which was acceptable for Case Western but not enough for a fellowship.  They matter more I believe in accordance with the higher the tier of school to which you apply and how much funding you seek.  

Edited by awells27

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I know.  I just had a professor say his department had no funding for next Fall.  He then asked if I would be applying to Yale, and I could only mourn the fact that Yale might very well want 90th percentile in math as well.   

For religious studies? 

still no scores hv emailed them a couple of days back bt hvnt got a rply as yet

Yeah, same here. I've been checking everyday but nothing's updating. They haven't replied to my email as well. Maybe they have some website problem that's causing the scores not to show. People have said that their website has been buggy in the past. Either way, its been 17 days!

I dunno wat to do....got their mail asking me to call on a number and ask....wen called they said there is a prob so plz mail ets...wen i told them i already did de said they hv some website prob so plz wait for couple of days

ah, so it is a website problem then. By the way, which email address did you contact them at cause so far I've only received an automated reply.

For religious studies? 

That's what the stats said for Duke and Princeton.  Maybe I just assumed Yale would be the same.  I'm not taking that evil test again; it could go worse next time.  

My scores showed up on my account very fast.  I took the test last week on Friday (October 11th) and just checked today and the score is there.  So...8 days.  I believe I checked two days ago and the scores weren't there, so 7-8 days for me.  My writing score was good, thank god, because although I usually do get a good writing score (and it's my strength, for sure), for some reason this time, I had doubts because I got what I thought was kind of a tricky topic and was writing some crazy stuff in response.  I think my sentence structure and style were good, but the content of what I was saying was kinda crazy.  Guess they're looking a bit more at the former.