struggling with being patient

Some things to keep in mind. This is the time for mid-terms. Professors have to grade mid-term work (exams and essays and whatnot), turn in mid-semester grades, prepare for undergraduate advising, attend a bunch of meetings, finish tweaking abstracts and stuff for conferences they'll wish to attend, finalize course preparations for next semester, and a bunch of other things. They will prioritize work. LORs in October? Low priority. Very low.

Creativity and work ethic? They need to be able to discuss your scholarship. If you aren't taking a class from them now, you should remind them of your scholarship by providing copies of papers you've written for their courses. Psychology isn't one gigantic string of multiple choice exams. You should have some kind of writing sample from your undergraduate work. Provide that as well. Even if you don't, you will need a writing sample to apply to some graduate schools. That will depend on the program.

One of my letter writers did not send the LOR until February, a month after the application deadline had passed. I got accepted and funded anyway. You've been through psychology as an undergraduate so you should know that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Your posts on this thread come across with a strong sense of entitlement, as if you expect your professors to drop everything in their lives and immediately respond to you. I don't know if this is the way you are because I don't know you, but this is the attitude that your posts here give off. Whatever the case may be, almost everyone has to follow up several times with letter writers before they get sent off. Find the best way to follow up that suits the individual professor. Call, drop by during office hours,or email. Everyone is different. Find the best way to phrase your request.

I meant they said that to me, not the letter. Im sure they wrote a lot of ositive things in my letters. They asked me to send lotsof documentation and remind them of my strong points because they want to give me the best letters;)

I dont know hw you got that I feel entitled, because ive been saying the exact opposite. I was struggling being patient, due to uncertanty, not due to me wanting them to drop everything for me. I dont care when they write the letter, I even told them i dont need it until earliest november 15th. I just want to be sure I have teachers ready and willing.

Edited by powerlifterty16

4-5 letters? You do realize if a program asks for three, they're going to throw out the other two, right? Sending in more letters than what is asked for does not work in your favor - if anything, it's a sign you can't follow directions. 

At this point you should have a spreadsheet typed out detailing which programs you're applying to, when the deadlines are, how they want the application (online vs mail), if there is a supplemental application for the psych department (varies), how your letter writers are supposed to submit their information (mail vs online), and basic details on the SOP (content & length). Please name a program that requires more than three letters. I've heard of four, very rarely, in other disciplines. I have never heard of five.

..... I don't think you're a troll; that said, you seem to be unfathomably clueless as to the grad app process in general. Do you even have a research interest? POIs?