MS with this GRE score

HermoineG

Hey guys,

I scored 297 in GRE (V- 149, Q- 148) AWA- 4.5

I have some research experience but no publications on my name. I also have four good LOR. I have done my MA in India from a private university. 

I really want to get into MS program in psychological research. 

I am very new to admissions in US. None of my friends are applying for psychology here.

Could you please advice me if I should retake my GRE??

Thanks a lot!!

Unfortunately you should probably re-take it. Your writing score is decent, but your math and verbal scores are not competitive. I don't know if you're required to take the GRE subject test in Psych, but maybe try it and see how you do. A good score on that would help overcome your lackluster general test scores, and if you bomb the subject test (assuming schools don't ask for it) you don't have to even submit it.

Hi Iphi and Lisa,

Thank you for replying! I would retake GRE in mid- November. I was going back and forth about trade off between applying early or reapplying for GRE. Do you think it helps to apply early? If I retake it in mid-November, it would mean I will apply by end of November. Do you think it will affect my chances of getting in?

Thank you :)