Northwestern

Berkeley

Stanford

UCLA

USC

Carnigie Mellon (OR) Tepper School of Business

UNC, Chapel Hill (OR and Stat)

NYU(Stern)

I am sure that you will get USC and UNC, Chapel Hill but for other programs you can expect some negative results. But I think that in the end you will receive a decent offer. Also, this is very good that you have heard positive feedback from Michigan.

In the case of UT Austin, one of my close friend received his offer on march 5 for their PhD program. So, I say that it is a little soon to tell that they have send out all offers.

I am sure that you will get USC and UNC, Chapel Hill but for other programs you can expect some negative results. But I think that in the end you will receive a decent offer. Also, this is very good that you have heard positive feedback from Michigan.

In the case of UT Austin, one of my close friend received his offer on march 5 for their PhD program. So, I say that it is a little soon to tell that they have send out all offers.

Yeah, I guess the other programs are fairly competitive considering the fact that most of them are located in good cities.

I know, they send out the first round and then if anyone declined the offer they would go for the second round to fill the spot.

Does anybody know if Columbia sent all decisions. I haven't received anything and it is most likely that they forgot to send the rejection.

They know how to take your money but so slow in sending timely notifications...

I'm in the same position as you. I feel like there's a good chance we're actually going to get waitlisted. I don't think they simply forgot to send the rejection. An IEOR professor actually looked at my LinkedIn profile yesterday, so I think we're still under review. 

I'm in the same position as you. I feel like there's a good chance we're actually going to get waitlisted. I don't think they simply forgot to send the rejection. An IEOR professor actually looked at my LinkedIn profile yesterday, so I think we're still under review. 

Nevermind, just got an e-mail from them to check my application status online, and I was accepted :D. Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

Just received a rejection from Columbia, followed by a suggestion for its MSOR program (an additional paragraph outlining my interest for MSOR is truly annoying). Now I'm waiting for a rejection from Northwestern as well:( 

Btw, did anyone apply/hear anything from the IROM program at UT-Austin?

Did all the Northwestern results go out you think?

Their graduate information weekend for admitted students is in two weeks, and the travel plan deadline was today, so I'd guess that further acceptances would only be sent to people on the waitlist after other people decline initial offers.

Their graduate information weekend for admitted students is in two weeks, and the travel plan deadline was today, so I'd guess that further acceptances would only be sent to people on the waitlist after other people decline initial offers.

I agree with this, although I hope there are exceptions. Considering there is one admit whose status (international students) and stats are very similar to mine (my verbal score is terrible), but with two publications (all in math) and presentations at well-known conferences, I still feel a bit bitter.

Hello fellow OR applicants, I need your advice!

I've been invited to an interview for a Operations Research Masters program and from what I can infer, the content is going to be more technical and less personal. What kind of questions should I prepare about? Should I expect only field and coursework-related conversation with the professor, or could there be a set of problems I'll be required to solve as well? I don't know what to expect so your feedback will be immensely useful! Thank you!

Edited by Suede

It seems that UC Berkeley is sending some other admits for PhD program today. They sent their first round of admits on Feb. 1 and the result page says they are continuing to admit more students 12 days later. Still I have heard nothing from them, we are close to rejection

nubswitstubs,

Would you pls share your stats?

Sure.

• Senior undergrad at a well-known public uni in the US
  • Dual degree in math, industrial & operations engineering
  • GPA: 3.9/4.0
  • GRE: V 159, Q 170, A 4.0
  • ~2 years of research experience with 1 first author publication and 1 podium presentation at a sectional conference
  • 2 summer internships that are slightly related to IE

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by nubswitstubs

Sure.

• Senior undergrad at a well-known public uni in the US
  • Dual degree in math, industrial & operations engineering
  • GPA: 3.9/4.0
  • GRE: V 159, Q 170, A 4.0
  • ~2 years of research experience with 1 first author publication and 1 podium presentation at a sectional conference
  • 2 summer internships that are slightly related to IE

Let me know if I missed anything.

Thanks, it's awesome! Are already at UMich? Do you know anything about their graduate visit weekend? 

Some admits have been posted in the result page for Minnesota, UCLA and many for Berkeley. For me it does not mean positive. The strange thing about the admits is the fact that my credentials are better than many of admitted people (certainly from my own point of view).

The only possibility is that the admitted people have attended better schools compared with mines. I cannot imagine any other explanation!

Yet, this is possible to receive my admission later but as the time passes this possibility becomes weaker and weaker . . .

Edited by samen

Some admits have been posted in the result page for Minnesota, UCLA and many for Berkeley. For me it does not mean positive. The strange thing about the admits is the fact that my credentials are better than many of admitted people (certainly from my own point of view).

The only possibility is that the admitted people have attended better schools compared with mines. I cannot imagine any other explanation!

Yet, this is possible to receive my admission later but as the time passes this possibility becomes weaker and weaker . . .

How are your rec letters and research experience? I think those are more important than stats like GPA/GRE.

How are your rec letters and research experience? I think those are more important than stats like GPA/GRE.

Well, I have published one ISI paper with ELSEVIER and  3 other International Journal papers + 2 book (translation). Also I have 4 years of full time work in a research based institution. I know that professors have recommended me strongly for admission. I have gathered three recommendation letters from three different universities. Two of them from my undergrad and grad schools and the other from the research institution that I am working for. All recommenders are associate professors in the best universities in my country.

Also I have suitably described my previous research in my SOP (again from my own point of view) and designated two to three possible supervisors if admitted.

Edited by samen

Well, I have published one ISI paper with ELSEVIER and  3 other International Journal papers + 2 book (translation). Also I have 4 years of full time work in a research based institution. I know that professors have recommended me strongly for admission. I have gathered three recommendation letters from three different universities. Two of them from my undergrad and grad schools and the other from the research institution that I am working for. All recommenders are associate professors in the best universities in my country.

Also I have suitably described my previous research in my SOP (again from my own point of view) and designated two to three possible supervisors if admitted.

That sounds pretty good, but keep in mind that other people that were admitted might also have achievements that aren't posted on the results page. Good luck with the rest of your apps -- it sounds like you have a good shot of getting in to some of those places.

That sounds pretty good, but keep in mind that other people that were admitted might also have achievements that aren't posted on the results page. Good luck with the rest of your apps -- it sounds like you have a good shot of getting in to some of those places.

Thank you for your comments and congratulations on your great admits. I think you are waiting for MIT but you have received great feedbacks so far