How far are you?

colorless

1. Still personalizing my SOPs for each school. Will hopefully be done by next week. Then I will edit for grammar. 
2. I have already opened application accounts for each school and I think I have filled in most of the basic info.
3. All LoR requests sent and accepted. 2 of the Professors have already submitted their letters. 
4. I have edited my writing sample, but I have yet to cut it down to various lengths for each respective school. 
5. I still need a CV for each school (need to slightly edit the research interests section for each school). 

My first deadline is Dec. 3rd, the rest on December 15/16th, and one in January, but I will most likely turn that one in December as well since it will be completed.  So much work left to do!

Edit:

6. All GRE scores have been sent. 

Edited by Cesare

Do you have to completely finish and submit your application before recommenders are sent emails with instructions?

For some yes, for others no. They will usually mention this above the section or near the section where you give the recommender info. 

Pretty much everything is done except the SOP/personal statement. My letter writers haven't submitted yet, but there's still plenty of time.

I'm going on temporary hiatus to turn my attention to the NSF GRFP application, but once that's turned in, it's pretty much all coasting from there. Sooo ready to be done with this!

Unbroken, could you give me any information about the NSF and GRFP applications? I have been working on my grad school applications but have not  yet considered applying for any sources of funding... Did you have a specific research project in mind when applying?

I ask because the research I want to be doing in graduate school is unrelated to my undergrad research and I don't have any specific project ideas yet. 

There is a thread on it that helps!

I'm going to fill out the GRFP with one lab/advisor in mind, and tailor my proposal to that. Whether or not that's the research I actually do, I have no way of knowing now--but my understanding is that the GRFP readers just want to see your ability to propose a well thought out research project. You're not necessarily married to the project you propose if they give you the fellowship.

1) 1/2 of my applications are opened up

2) letter writers are in the bag.  i could be wrong, but I don't see them as the types to flake out at the last minute.  I have frequent in-person contact with all three and none of them have ever ignored an email from me.  I trust them all and they're all full professors. I'm happy with them as my letter writers as far as their reputation.  I do not, however, know what they're going to say about me!

3) statement of purpose is complete and i'm happy with it.  will be customizing for each school as I finalize the school's application.  that will be time consuming, but i've scheduled a whole day for each school.

4) i have two writing samples.  the first is complete and i'm happy with it.  will be polishing the second one tomorrow.  both may still get tweaks between now and final submission time, but they're by and large complete.

5) All GRE scores sent

-All application accounts have been opened and basic information filled out

-All GRE scores have been sent

-All transcripts have been sent

-All letter of recommendation requests have been sent and 2/3 have submitted their letters

-I have the 3rd draft of my SOP - still need to finalize it and perzonalize it for each school

-Writing sample is chosen and edited, just need to shrink it down for a few schools

-CV is completed just need to personalize it a bit for each school

I still need to write up a personal history statement for 3 of the schools I'm applying for. My first deadline is 12/1. I'm going to try to have everything submitted by Thanksgiving. Only one of my schools won't send letter of rec requests until after the app is submitted but their deadline isn't until January.

Edited by KrisOfSteel

- Opened and filled out basic information.

- GRE will be taken Nov 9th

- Transcripts sent

- I already have 3 LOR; however I will formally ask them, once I have my GRE score

- Sample is nearly done

- Finished drafting my SOP. I will hopefully complete it by the first week of November

- CV is complete

Deadlines are December 5th, 16th and Jan 5th.