Masters applications for 2014 chit chat

Café com Leite

I'm also on the list of folks freakishly checking for e-mails from Duke, or a call from Rev. Shea... Is my volume up??? Waiting is nuts.

I thought I was going crazy! I thinking to myself... did they get all my transcripts? Did I forget something in my application? I'm glad it's across the board. :)

I thought I was going crazy! I thinking to myself... did they get all my transcripts? Did I forget something in my application? I'm glad it's across the board. :)

Going crazy - probably, but with lots of company. And in a year it won't matter. You'll be dug in somewhere, with applications seemingly a very distant distraction. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. Now where's my phone? Any calls...

Duke called. I was accepted :). They told me I also got a 75% scholarship and that they would be mailing out an official acceptance later today. Best of luck to you all! Looking forward to your responses :).

Duke called. I was accepted :). They told me I also got a 75% scholarship and that they would be mailing out an official acceptance later today. Best of luck to you all! Looking forward to your responses :).

I just heard. I'm in with you and will see you next Fall. Congrats.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else worried that the first decision to come in will set the pace for the rest of the season?

A decision from Union is imminent* any day now. *Their site says it could take a few days to 3-4 weeks for a decision depending on 'peak times' which I imagine they define as being around January 15th.

Since Union notifies you of any merit awards at the time of admission (which is certainly nice), I'm increasingly worried that if I can't get into Union, I'm screwed at Yale and Vandy.

I've officially hit the phase where when the email icon pops up on my cell-phone, I check with bated breath - same for the mailbox.