International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Hi Katrun, i'm also struggling between SAIS and IHEID. But of course my chance to get into both is like zero....BTW, which track of the MA program did apply for?

at SAIS I applied to Law and Diplomacy if I recall correctly. I want to go into both human rights/development so at SAIS I decided to approach it from the human rights angle because I really loved the program. Do you know when we hear from SAIS?

Ok it's 8am here and I barely slept! I was so anxious for the morning to come so i could check the boards/my inbox to see if anyone has heard from IHEID. Annnnd... nothing! Wishful thinking I bet we won't hear anything for another 10 days arghhh I just want to know at this point good or bad so I can make my choice and start planning.

Oh yes. It's 13 now before that it was 16. Still I don't think it matters cuz in that sense, IHEID has never been in rankings, like ever. At least I haven't seen it.

If we only chose based on rankings things would be easy... I should just pick LSE get into lots of debt and call it a day since it's #3 after all!

All jokes aside it's great to see so many foreign schools in rankings because usually it's as if only the US has good programs which is completely ridiculous.

Oh yes. It's 13 now before that it was 16. Still I don't think it matters cuz in that sense, IHEID has never been in rankings, like ever. At least I haven't seen it.

That is true Angie... I dont know if I should trust ranking stuffs.. I went to small liberal arts college but still we have student every year going to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Cambridge and Oxford for their postgraduate studies..so not counting too much on those stuffs..anyway, I am off to work now... IHEID can wait two more weeks :D

Hey, I received the acceptance mail from Science Po this afternoon!

Science Po was only school which I applied this year, so I'm so happy and relieved.

Wishing everyone waiting for result in this thread will receive good news, too! 

Hey, I received the acceptance mail from Science Po this afternoon!

Science Po was only school which I applied this year, so I'm so happy and relieved.

Wishing everyone waiting for result in this thread will receive good news, too!

Which programme did you apply for? Anyway congratulations on your acceptance :)

If we only chose based on rankings things would be easy... I should just pick LSE get into lots of debt and call it a day since it's #3 after all!

All jokes aside it's great to see so many foreign schools in rankings because usually it's as if only the US has good programs which is completely ridiculous.

Like alchyna I was just excited to see European schools making it in the rankings at all.

I know right! I am happy too they included any other univs apart from LSE :)

at SAIS I applied to Law and Diplomacy if I recall correctly. I want to go into both human rights/development so at SAIS I decided to approach it from the human rights angle because I really loved the program. Do you know when we hear from SAIS?

March 14. SAIS is pretty clear about this unlike IHEID...i applied to the ERE program.

If you are interested in human rights IHEID could be a good choice.

The bigger question is, why the hell is IHEID not taking their results out. Its 4th March already!! :(

If IHEID monitors the number of times we visit our Application Form I'm certain I'd look like a crazy person. I must have refreshed that page at least a thousand times in the past week!

The bigger question is, why the hell is IHEID not taking their results out. Its 4th March already!! :(

I sent an e-mail to ask when the results will be out and i just received the reply. He(or she?) told me that they had not yet received the decisions from the commission and that i'd definitely get the result on March 15 <_< ............ this is torture... Maybe i should learn from Kartun and tell myself I'm done with IHEID :unsure:

I sent an e-mail to ask when the results will be out and i just received the reply. He(or she?) told me that they had not yet received the decisions from the commission and that i'd definitely get the result on March 15 <_< ............ this is torture... Maybe i should learn from Kartun and tell myself I'm done with IHEID :unsure:

15th March is a Saturday. :(

Hi,

I have been reading your messages for a long time, but only now decided to post.

well, for those who are going to become crazy while waiting for results from IHEID.

I have been admitted to MA IR/PSc. No funding.

Hope, it will help.

Hi,

I have been reading your messages for a long time, but only now decided to post.

well, for those who are going to become crazy while waiting for results from IHEID.

Hope, it will help.

First off a very hearty congratulations. :)

Secondly, Were you admitted today or in Dec? 

If IHEID monitors the number of times we visit our Application Form I'm certain I'd look like a crazy person. I must have refreshed that page at least a thousand times in the past week!

You know, I maintained my cool. I definitely maintained it by not checking but since yesterday I think I have broken a record checking my email and online application status. I cant do anything like anything. 

I was going to mail them but then i thought I will get this type of generic reply so i didnt. 

15th March is a Saturday. :(

Great so that means we get our results by 17th March 

then 14th March it is ..

All we can do is pray. 

Hi,

Hope, it will help.

Congratulations!! Thanks for the update too, it seems the trickle has begun.

Thank you Angie.

Admitted 15 minutes ago. It is on follow up page.  But haven`t received e-mail with offer yet.

Oh well thank you so much for the update. Once again congratulations. BTW were you refused funding or not given an answer on funding?