International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Okay, I'm less worried right now. I need to prepare to study in the UK...  :)  :)

I am pissed with IHEID, we have been bloody waiting since November for our results and its only second deadline applicants getting their offers. :'( 

*sigh* *frustrated* *ripping my hair out* 

I am pissed with IHEID, we have been bloody waiting since November for our results and its only second deadline applicants getting their offers. :'( 

*sigh* *frustrated* *ripping my hair out* 

I shouldn't say this but I really want to say that I hate they doing this. Even rejections, they should let us know first. We have been waited for more than four months!!!  

I shouldn't say this but I really want to say that I hate they doing this. Even rejections, they should let us know first. We have been waited for more than four months!!!  

you don't mean this anyway no news means good news. :)

Okay so one of my friend just received an acceptance from IHEID Mdev like 10 mins back. So well 2 acceptances in MDev till now. He applied in the second round too. 

MDEV

Congratulations The_Freak! You've accomplished the dream of many who stalk the pages of this forum. Great too to know that the ball's rolling with the MDEV application process.

Congratulation to "The_Freak" first!

Yet somehow I feel even worse when knowing that somebody else got updated while I still didn't. Moreover I still have other universities to wait in "early- or mid-March".

Edited by Ruan Zhaosong

Thank you gemy,

I've applied to the Master Programme in International Law. Unfortunately, I've not applied to other programmes.

"Ce la vie" as french people say)))

Well, still I have a couple weeks to find any other funding options, while I'm sure that it is almost impossible to find any in my country(((

Master in International Law

Hello guys

I.Hope I wanted to ask you when did they inform you about the scholarship because even I got accepted to IHEID but for LLM in International Law. They informed that I would get to know before 21 March. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Ironically I had applied to the MA program thinking that I had applied to LLM ( I know very stupid of me) but IHEID was very kind enough to guide me. Though I received the rejection letter by 18th Dec itself.

Hello guys

I.Hope I wanted to ask you when did they inform you about the scholarship because even I got accepted to IHEID but for LLM in International Law. They informed that I would get to know before 21 March. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Ironically I had applied to the MA program thinking that I had applied to LLM ( I know very stupid of me) but IHEID was very kind enough to guide me. Though I received the rejection letter by 18th Dec itself.

I got the information from my application follow up page today in the morning.

And, if I am not mistaken, executive programmes separately consider programme and scholarship applications, and therefore, they separately inform candidates about their decisions.

Anyway, good luck with your scholarship request and I am also going to keeping my fingers crossed for you to get one))) Somebody has to get it eventually.

BTW, I also wanted to apply for LLM programme, but I don't have a strong professional background to be admitted. so I gave it up and chose MIL. 

you don't mean this anyway no news means good news. :)

Yeah! Thats true too. 

Congratulations The_Freak! You've accomplished the dream of many who stalk the pages of this forum. Great too to know that the ball's rolling with the MDEV application process.

I am relieved but somehow tensed too.

Congratulation to "The_Freak" first!

Yet somehow I feel even worse when knowing that somebody else got updated while I still didn't. Moreover I still have other universities to wait in "early- or mid-March".

Exactly my thoughts. 

Hello guys

Congratulations for your acceptance :) 

As the mouse moves the cursor
closer to "refresh"

my heart ceases beating -

there is silence in my chest

My breath remains caught

trapped between fear and elation

as my eyes absorb the words
"Under consideration".

This is unbelievably stressful.

closer to "refresh"

my heart ceases beating -

My breath remains caught

"Under consideration".

Poetic. I like. :)

Suddenly thinks of a quote from the great Chinese philosopher Mencius, translated by James Legge.

Thus, when Heaven is about to confer a great office on any man, it first exercises his mind with suffering, and his sinews and bones with toil. It exposes his body to hunger, and subjects him to extreme poverty. It confounds his undertakings. By all these methods it stimulates his mind, hardens his nature, and supplies his incompetencies.

Taking the waiting as an exercise from the heaven before the great award may make us feel better.

Edited by Ruan Zhaosong

Suddenly thinks of a quote from the great Chinese philosopher Mencius, translated by James Legge.

Thus, when Heaven is about to confer a great office on any man, it first exercises his mind with suffering, and his sinews and bones with toil. It exposes his body to hunger, and subjects him to extreme poverty. It confounds his undertakings. By all these methods it stimulates his mind, hardens his nature, and supplies his incompetencies.

Taking the waiting as an exercise from the heaven before the great award may make us feel better.

I'm thinking this everyday.   :)  :)

so far we have two accepted to IHEID  for Mdev..anyone from MIA track ? Please share if you got accepted to IHEID  for MIA track...I am going crazy not knowing what to expect :(

Nothing yet. Maybe we should take their online session.  :)

I got the information from my application follow up page today in the morning.

And, if I am not mistaken, executive programmes separately consider programme and scholarship applications, and therefore, they separately inform candidates about their decisions.

Anyway, good luck with your scholarship request and I am also going to keeping my fingers crossed for you to get one))) Somebody has to get it eventually.

BTW, I also wanted to apply for LLM programme, but I don't have a strong professional background to be admitted. so I gave it up and chose MIL. 

Congratulations for your acceptance :)

Thanks a lot k_angie :D

I.Hope, thanks a lot.  I hope you're able to fund your studies too. :) I was notified by an email from them 3rd week of feb. Its my dream institute, but only if I get a scholarship can I afford to study there. I was just looking for threads about anyone else who got in. Though its not my course, it's pretty nice to see others who have the same preference!

Good luck to all for their decision. :) I was informed of my rejection for MA in dec itself so I'm sure it must be a good sign that you guys are not rejected. 

Edited by lily.sirus

closer to "refresh"

my heart ceases beating -

My breath remains caught

"Under consideration".

You couldn't have put it better! Nicely said

Congrats to all those who have received admission! I'm still waiting like most of us... tomorrow is another day!

This means there is no clear pattern of rejections first or anything like that! So being notified later is not comforting anymore...

Edited by alchyna

Congrats to all those who have received admission! I'm still waiting like most of us... tomorrow is another day!

This means there is no clear pattern of rejections first or anything like that! So being notified later is not comforting anymore...

Thanks.

It's only 4.11pm in Switzerland! That leaves an hour or two for further nail biting today.

I know exactly what you are going through...Seriously, my heart says "Dont go crazy about IHEID, just accept your offer either in LSE or SOAS, and forget about the rest"..I tried staying away from this thread but as soon as I sit down to work on my other stuffs,  I start thinking about IHEID and ended up checking their site....damn life!! IHEID, you dont have to be this cruel...Just send out our decision, even if it is BAD ONE!!  

ANYWAY, who else is thinking of joining LSE for def. ?

You know with the anxiety and everything else, this does seem to be pretty recurring thought on my mind. That maybe they are making me wait cuz well I will get an admittance with full scholarship. Maybe we all have a better plan for us going on. Hence the wait cuz fruits of patience are pretty sweet. :) 

I know exactly what you are going through...Seriously, my heart says "Dont go crazy about IHEID, just accept your offer either in LSE or SOAS, and forget about the rest"..I tried staying away from this thread but as soon as I sit down to work on my other stuffs,  I start thinking about IHEID and ended up checking their site....damn life!! IHEID, you dont have to be this cruel...Just send out our decision, even if it is BAD ONE!!  

ANYWAY, who else is thinking of joining LSE for def. ?

I am! Thinking about it at least... but I'm torn I really do like Sciences Po's Dev Practice MA better if you compare it to Dev Management at LSE there is really no contest if  you ask me. Both have a consultancy project but Sciences Po has the edge because we get to choose concentrations and it has an internship component and skills training modules. MDP is more professional focused vs Dev Management that is still is pretty theoretical with a thesis at the end and zero internship requirement. But but but LSE is LSE!!! Here in the US going to the London School of ECONOMICS sounds impressive and makes you a de facto expert on economic matters ha ha ha

When it comes to money they pretty much cost the same for one year so I think that will help me decide between the 2 will get my scholarship decision from Sciences Po in April. If I get nothing then it's LSE for sure!

Note: I just wrote a whole post without mentioning IHEID... yay me! *pat myself on the back*

Edited by alchyna

Hey everyone. 

First of all, I want to congratulate those who got accepted by IHEID !

Second of all, I got the admission result from ScienecsPo. POSITIVE. Scholarship pending.

Third of all, dear our most beloved and hated IHEID, I want to know the result NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!