International Development Applicants 2014/15 for SOAS, IHEID, LSE or Sciences Po?

k_angie

Congrats to you too!!!

If I am right, SOAS only give us four weeks to accept the offer or not. Since I don't really want to do a one-year master, I didn't accept the offer and of course I didn't apply for the scholarship.

IHEID is also my top choice. If I'm rejected, I'll take the double master between Warwick University and Konstanz University. Hope the IHEID results come soon...

True..I did not respond either. Yeah, I am waiting for IHEID as well so I could start looking at different other options that are still on the table.. I turn down the offer from NYU and Seton Hall.. Now its all coming down to LSE, IHIED (if i get accepted) and SAIS; John Hopkins... 

True..I did not respond either. Yeah, I am waiting for IHEID as well so I could start looking at different other options that are still on the table.. I turn down the offer from NYU and Seton Hall.. Now its all coming down to LSE, IHIED (if i get accepted) and SAIS; John Hopkins... 

These are all great universities. Congratulations and good luck with IHEID and John Hopkins! I also applied MIA in IHEID. Hopefully all of us can get good news next week...

These are all great universities. Congratulations and good luck with IHEID and John Hopkins! I also applied MIA in IHEID. Hopefully all of us can get good news next week...

Great.. You are the first person I found in this group who applied for MIA in IHEID,, I also applied for the same program. Good luck to you as well!!!

IHEID, is killing me... I have been checking my application status every 6 hours and it says "UNDER CONSIDERATION".. Now, for me it is coming down to LSE, SOAS or NYU... LSE is very tempting given its one year course...but If I get accepted to IHEID, I will have some scholarship from Kathryn Davis which will immensely help me finishing up my master from IHEID... I am not sure if I can wait any longer to hear a decision from IHEID... I am getting an impression that IHEID is first choice for many of us, what are your other choices after IHEID ? 

Also, any ideas how many students they are accepting for MDev Studies and MIA?

According to k_angie's very helpful posts from when she attended the online information session in January (sorry I don't know how to directly quote her posts):

"I got to know that these guys received some 400 applications for interdisciplinary programmes. Out of those 60 of them were admitted while 180 deferred and others refused.

They have 60 seats in MDev and MIA programmes. Like approx!"

So I guess around 30 seats are left for each for MDEV and MIA!

According to k_angie's very helpful posts from when she attended the online information session in January (sorry I don't know how to directly quote her posts):

"I got to know that these guys received some 400 applications for interdisciplinary programmes. Out of those 60 of them were admitted while 180 deferred and others refused.

Thank you oriole for info..Really appreciated.. so what program did you applied to ?

Angie and I suspect that basically no one was admitted into the interdisciplinary masters in the first round. They did reject some and defer some. We spend half our lives online and have not come across a single person who was credible and accepted into MIA or Mdev. Usually accepted students are the first to run on the boards/forum/facebook and shout it from the roof tops looking for others who are going.

And usually every year after the first round an accepted students facebook page is created for that year's entry so admitted students can join and talk. So far nothing!

Mdev and MIA are the biggest programs the school offers and I think they grew bigger and bigger over the years and now school officials are really trying to limit the size of the 2014 entry class. This is probably why next to no one got in the first round.

Angie and I suspect that basically no one was admitted into the interdisciplinary masters in the first round. They did reject some and defer some. We spend half our lives online and have not come across a single person who was credible and accepted into MIA or Mdev. Usually accepted students are the first to run on the boards/forum/facebook and shout it from the roof tops looking for others who are going.

And usually every year after the first round an accepted students facebook page is created for that year's entry so admitted students can join and talk. So far nothing!

Mdev and MIA are the biggest programs the school offers and I think they grew bigger and bigger over the years and now school officials are really trying to limit the size of the 2014 entry class. This is probably why next to no one got in the first round.

Looks like this is going to be very tough one to get in.. I came across a post that was talking about IHEID, sending out rejection letter first.. I just cant hold on my anxiety any longer..cant think of anything but IHEID... checking my online status and it says :"Under Consideration"... I would love to see "Admitted" :P sigh* I really hope that is the case D:

Looks like this is going to be very tough one to get in.. I came across a post that was talking about IHEID, sending out rejection letter first.. I just cant hold on my anxiety any longer..cant think of anything but IHEID... checking my online status and it says :"Under Consideration"... I would love to see "Admitted" :P sigh* I really hope that is the case D:

I am right there along with you! I have stopped checking my status a long time ago, I let go of that reflex after we were deferred. I think we will receive an email in any case so I'm not checking and I can't stand to see 'under consideration' once more. Just a few more days and we will know... patience!

(I copied Angie and added a signature with the schools I applied to, I think it's helpful so we don't keep asking each other where we are applying to)

Edited by alchyna

I am right there along with you! I have stopped checking my status a long time ago, I let go of that reflex after we were deferred. I think we will receive an email in any case so I'm not checking and I can't stand to see 'under consideration' once more. Just a few more days and we will know... patience!

(I copied Angie and added a signature with the schools I applied to, I think it's helpful so we don't keep asking each other where we are applying to)

For the technologically dumb, how does one add a signature??? I've been trying to figure that out.

Good luck Katrun..finger crossed!!! praying for you!!!

Thank you!

IHEID, is killing me... I have been checking my application status every 6 hours and it says "UNDER CONSIDERATION".. Now, for me it is coming down to LSE, SOAS or NYU... LSE is very tempting given its one year course...but If I get accepted to IHEID, I will have some scholarship from Kathryn Davis which will immensely help me finishing up my master from IHEID... I am not sure if I can wait any longer to hear a decision from IHEID... I am getting an impression that IHEID is first choice for many of us, what are your other choices after IHEID ? 

Also, any ideas how many students they are accepting for MDev Studies and MIA?

Hey there, your post came to my attention abt the Kathryn Davis scholarship for IHEID. I am applying for that too and I wonder whether there are going to be many UWCs applying :D Nice to see a UWCer here! Are u UWC too? I am from the Costa Rica one! Let's wish us luck. I heard there are 3 scholarships.

For the technologically dumb, how does one add a signature??? I've been trying to figure that out.

Thank you!

Katrun good luck with Brandeis!

Angie had to walk me through it too! For those who want to add a signature:

Go to My Settings < Signature and then write what you'd like

Hey there, your post came to my attention abt the Kathryn Davis scholarship for IHEID. I am applying for that too and I wonder whether there are going to be many UWCs applying :D Nice to see a UWCer here! Are u UWC too? I am from the Costa Rica one! Let's wish us luck. I heard there are 3 scholarships.

Hello, yeah I am UWCers and I went to UWC India,,,

Which UWC did you go to ?

Which college are you attending atm ? Yeah there are 3 scholarships for Mdev Studies and MIA...which program did you apply for ?

Hey guys! I'm also waiting for IHEID....I want to get in so bad... :P The results are supposed to be released next week right? Soooooooooooo  anxious..I 

I know what you mean Cai..I am in the same boat.Result are supposed to out this week.. Their website says March 1-15 ..so possibly they will start sending out decision from this  Monday 

Yay!! Everybody's got signatures. :D

& we are still anxiously checking our pages and freaking out about IHEID decisions.

That being said, we all basically have IHEID as our top choice. I was just wondering why is that, apart from the location and the low tuition fee!

Anyone willing to share? :)

Edited by k_angie

& we are still anxiously checking our pages and freaking out about IHEID decisions.

That being said, we all basically have IHEID as our top choice. I was just wondering why is that, apart from the location and the low tuition fee!

Perhaps the beautiful scenery and high-quality life??  :)  

Comes in location (both personal & professional reasons) ! :P

Haha, that's true.

My friend used a metaphor to describe our thinking and feelings. He said that IHEID and us like having a long time relationship. Maybe it's not the best choice, but we gave our heart to it. We worried, feared, and desperatly dreamed about it. And maybe the long waiting makes us dreaming it more. Now it's the time for harvest, if being rejected, we'll get really hurt in heart. And it would seem that we wasted our time on so many meaningless things in the past six months.

So from yesterday, I kind of told myself that I'm done with this school. Then I feel much better and I can focus on my thesis.

Perhaps the alumni network? If you want to work in IOs...Actually I'm having some doubts recently. Leave location aside, is it really that good?

The tuition fee is like, wow... Even Geneva is expensive like crazy the total cost is very favorable compared to US schools.

I know what you mean Cai..I am in the same boat.Result are supposed to out this week.. Their website says March 1-15 ..so possibly they will start sending out decision from this  Monday 

I also got into NYU and I'm also waiting for SAIS :)  So which one will you choose, SAIS or IHEID?

Haha, that's true.

My friend used a metaphor to describe our thinking and feelings. He said that IHEID and us like having a long time relationship. Maybe it's not the best choice, but we gave our heart to it. We worried, feared, and desperatly dreamed about it. And maybe the long waiting makes us dreaming it more. Now it's the time for harvest, if being rejected, we'll get really hurt in heart. And it would seem that we wasted our time on so many meaningless things in the past six months.

So from yesterday, I kind of told myself that I'm done with this school. Then I feel much better and I can focus on my thesis.

I'm having trouble focusing on my thesis too.

I feel it's like having a secret crush on somebody, All i can do is guess-does she like me?does she not like me? .... 

Hello angie,

for me its location, and if I just get in, I will have almost  full scholarship... 

But as of now, I am leaning towards LSE.