Waiting on Funding Info

Tarheel06

Is anyone still waiting to hear from schools about funding? I'm grateful to have been accepted to the programs to which I applied but so far I've only heard from 1 school about funding. 3 of the 4 schools want a response on whether or not I'll enroll by 15 April. I feel like two weeks isn't enough time to make a decision on where I want to spend the next two years of my life. Should I call the schools that haven't responded yet to see what the deal is?

I had one immediate offer of funding and the other gave the deadline of March 15th--which they did not abide by since I am still waiting. I'm about to give in and e-mail, though I'm not sure how much that will help.

I've only heard that I was turned down for an assistantship at one school; still waiting on four others who sent the decisions months ago with a note that funding would be included separately. One has since sent an amendment: "There is no deadline to reply to our offer of admission," which makes me think they're not going to get around to sending the financials until after the otherwise universal April 15th deadline has past. If I haven't received anything by the end of the first week of April I'm calling in.

Haven't heard from anyone about funding yet. I called the financial aid office of my top choice, and got an evasive "I imagine decisions will be made within the month", which would fall after April 15th at this point.

I am waiting as well ... and it is soooooo stressful! My first choice hasn't told me very much ... financial award letters will be sent out in April, if you received a graduate division scholarship you will know by the end of the spring semester ... and an assistantship? Forget it! You have to apply once you start the semester! This is an out of state school and tuition will be brutal if I don't get any help (not in the form of loans). Also, I was accepted by my finanical safety school, so I have that to fall back on. Is anyone in the same boat and what can I do? I don't want to accept at both by April 15th and have to reject!! :shock: