UC Berkeley Application - Addendum Tab

Hi everyone, sorry for spamming with all these UC Berkeley application questions, but I have another question about the Addendum section. Here is their prompt for this section: 

If you wish to address any specific issues that have adversely impacted your academic performance and/or any aspect of your application, please use the space below.

I have a very low undergrad GPA (2.5), so I was wondering if I should tell them why I have a low GPA. The problem is, I don't have a specific reason why I got such low grades, other than having no direction, being conflicted between two main majors (Chemistry and Math), and taking education for granted. However, after I graduated, I have been working full-time for 2.5 years, took an extension class (which I got an A- in for a field I am interested in getting into), and believe that I have educationally matured. Is this worth talking about in this field? Or does it just sound like a typical college kid who slacked off (which I don't believe I did, but I chose to take challenging classes and was too stubborn to withdraw from classes I knew I was doing poorly in).

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!

I interpreted that part of the application as a place to address any medical/personal crisis type situation that may have affected your GPA. In general, I personally don't think you should go too in depth as to why you have a bad GPA. It comes off as if you're trying too hard to make excuses for having one. I have a low GPA and also applied to Berkeley. I didn't make excuses for it......except in my case I also got my low GPA at Berkeley. It just didn't feel appropriate. I'm not very hopeful about getting into Cal again.

Thanks guys. Yeah I haven't even included anything about my low GPA on my SOP or PHS, so I figured the Addendum was the most appropriate place to put it. I am going to say that I had no direction at the time and so I wasn't motivated. But now that I have a clearer picture of what I want to do, I have matured and appreciated education. Is that too cheesy?