SFSU Fall 2014

friedgreentom

At this point if I was accepted I dont think I would go. The cost for someone out of state is too much. And the 2nd year mental health stipend program is not guranteed.... I dont know if attending would be a smart decision. I think I was so determined to go I did not factor in cost. Any thoughts?

Thank you everyone!! Honestly, I have already submitted my deposit for BU, looked into housing, and prepared myself mentally to move to Boston. Getting an acceptance from SFSU really caught me by surprise. With that said, I will inform everyone once I make my decision about whether or not I will be accepting the offer, and if not, hopefully it will go to someone else on the waitlist. Best of luck to all of you!

has anyone heard back?!! I got an email about financial aid, but nothing about my application status. That is such a tease telling us how much we would get if we were to get in. :( 

has anyone heard back?!! I got an email about financial aid, but nothing about my application status. That is such a tease telling us how much we would get if we were to get in. :(

Yes. I received the same email, but i don't think it means we are admitted. This has been a long wait. Last week i called the msw department and they told me we would be notified by mail this week. But i still haven't received any news.

Edited by ilovebread

Hi everyone, I've just officially declined my offer from SFSU. Having lived in the Bay Area all my life, I really want to pursue graduate studies in a different environment that would allow me to grow both personally and professionally. Best of luck to all of you!

I called the social work department today and they said they will be sending out emails next week. But who knows if they are really going to do that.

Also, how does the financial aid works? considering it is a graduate program and financial aid should not be covering. 

I called the social work department today and they said they will be sending out emails next week. But who knows if they are really going to do that.

Also, how does the financial aid works? considering it is a graduate program and financial aid should not be covering.

It's still based on financial need at least for the CSUs. If you filled out the FAFSA and exhibit financial need you should qualify for the State University Grant and possibly work study too along with loans.

It's still based on financial need at least for the CSUs. If you filled out the FAFSA and exhibit financial need you should qualify for the State University Grant and possibly work study too along with loans.

Amy, which grant(s)?  Does this only apply to California State Residents?

Sorry, yes I believe the State University Grant is only available to CA residents I should have clarified! Not sure if there are any grants available for out of state residents.

Hi everyone, I've just officially declined my offer from SFSU. Having lived in the Bay Area all my life, I really want to pursue graduate studies in a different environment that would allow me to grow both personally and professionally. Best of luck to all of you!

Thank you. which concentration did you  apply to?

• 1 month later...