SFSU Fall 2014

friedgreentom

Hmmm it looks like they are informing the Title IV-E applicants before the IFG ones?? I applied to the IFG track and haven't heard back....

For those that have heard back, can you tell us how they contacted you (via email, snail mail, phone call)?? Thanks!

Hmmm it looks like they are informing the Title IV-E applicants before the IFG ones?? I applied to the IFG track and haven't heard back....

For those that have heard back, can you tell us how they contacted you (via email, snail mail, phone call)?? Thanks!

They sent me notification by email. I should be getting the official acceptance letter in the mail soon.

Yay! Congrats on the acceptances!

I applied to the IFG concentration. SFSU is my top choice, and the last school I'm waiting to hear from.

The wait is *killing* me. Has anyone else heard anything or care to post stats?

Yay! Congrats on the acceptances!

I applied to the IFG concentration. SFSU is my top choice, and the last school I'm waiting to hear from.

The wait is *killing* me. Has anyone else heard anything or care to post stats?

Same here, I think this is my top choice now, I believe they have something crazy like a 10% acceptance rate?

Same here, I think this is my top choice now, I believe they have something crazy like a 10% acceptance rate?

That is my understanding. I've had a hard time finding accurate and current data on the acceptance rates for most MSW programs, but everywhere I look seems to say that SFSU is extremely selective.

@swrker14
Congratulations!! How exciting!! Can you please share with us what the interview questions for the Title IV program consisted of?? Thank you!!

They basically asked me why I'm interested in child welfare and then gave me scenarios. For me, it was really simple to answer the questions because I interned with CPS for a year as an undergrad, so I'm familiar with a lot of the situations they asked about. 

For those that had their interview for Title 4E, when did you have the interview and how long did it take for you to hear back about their decision? 

I had mine on March 3rd, heard back the next day on the 4th that I was accepted, via e-mail

• 2 weeks later...