Statistics PhD - Sending the math GRE score

mGRE is only recommended when applying for a Ph.D in statistics. But obviously sometimes it's better not to send a score than to report a bad score. Stanford, which is the only place that actually requires mGRE, post that their average is the 82% quantile. But this also includes graduate students in probability, with higher level in mathematics.

How would you cut the threshold between send/not send/indifferent?

I'm asking because I'm at the 68% (730), and I wonder whether to send it or not.

I would say it depends on your transcript. If you have a decent number of courses after calc/linear algebra (analysis, topology, number theory, etc.), and you did well on them, then no need to send it. If you have only done up to calc/linear algebra, maybe you should send it to differentiate yourself. 730 isn't half-bad by the way, especially when you consider that most people taking the test are Math PhD applicants.

I have undergrad in math with good grades, and masters in statistics with graduate probability and measure theory. So they will see I have the math background. 

So far I have only sent it to Stanford and Chicago, where it seems mandatory/STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Still wondering about what to do with Wharton and Washington, which seems to highly recommend it, but it doesn't seem to be a necessary condition. I will probably won't send the score to the rest of the programs I'm applying, where it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue.

For others who have the same problem, this are the relevant threads I found in the forum: