How do you earn extra money?

citychild

So I know there are part-time, more traditional opportunities such as Target or other retail establishments. But I need to figure out a way to earn some extra money that will accommodate my crazy grad school life. So tell me, what do you do?

• 2 weeks later...

Look for research assistant/graduate student researcher jobs on campus, especially with professors whose interests match yours--and don't be afraid to look out of your department. I actually wound up in a research assistant job with a team based out of UCSF, though they've since moved to my university's school of public health.

Typically very flexible hours that you can work from home, and they understand the mayhem of grad life.

If you have a federal work study award, pursue campus employment (i.e., research, administrative, housing, mentoring/tutoring, or recreational) at your university. It is normal for many MSW students balance coursework, fieldwork, and part-time employment. It's recommended that graduate students do not exceed 20 hours of employment (including their fieldwork). If you do not have a federal work-study award, you can still obtain work experience through your university's student employment website.